Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orcaminor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Need wiring diagram for 12 volt transformer
    Low voltage chandelier (Lite Source) quit working. Electrician said the transformer was not functioning. Ordered new transformer (Wang House model WH2101S), which came with no wiring instructions. The vendor has been less than helpful. My contractor cannot get it to work, he has not wired with a transformer before. Can anyone provide wiring instructions? Thanks.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 06:10 PM
    What color wires do it have? This is a Chinese part and there is no set rule for wiring colors with these things.

Their site does not show an image for this model. http://www.wanghouse.com.tw/products...el_no=WH-2101S

Does it look like any of these? WANG HOUSE TECHNOLOGY
    hunterjim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 07:19 AM
    The black and white wires on the right go to the electric pos. and negative. The 2 red go to the lights together and the 2 white on the left also to the lights. If you have lots of little lights you can do a red and white to half of them and another red and white to the other half.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 07:41 AM

If this is for lowvoltage trac lighting, then the secondary will be thicker wire.
    johndue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2011, 06:06 PM
    How I can asimble 12volts/dc for lights
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 21, 2011, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by johndue View Post
    how i can asimble 12volts/dc for lights
    Maybe you can try asking this question so that we can all understand it?
    Try and add some details as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

480 volt transformer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, We are moving into a warehouse that has a 480 volt transformer. The transformer is located on the other side of our office wall. I'm wondering if there's any danger of radiation being so close to it. Thank you.

Carrier air handler 24 volt transformer. [ 15 Answers ]

Last week my air handler quit working, I found that the 5AMP fuse for the secondary 24volt pwr supply was blown, replace and all worked fine for a week. Now I find it blown again, but each time I relace it it blows, The voltage reading I get at the fuse is 29.5 V is that to high? The transformer...

Air Conditioning 24 Volt Transformer Connection [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: I have a two story addition on my house built by the previous owner. There is one thermostat upstairs and one thermostat downstairs. The system directs air to the downstairs through a damper. The upstairs thermostat controls the temperature and the downstairs one appears only to turn on a...

Thermal zone pa36k-1s transformer wire diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the wire color and placement on the transformer please I have a red from thermostat,red,white and a black and a gray piggybacked

Wiring 12 volt transformer [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed some 12 volt miniature lights in home. I have them working now but began wondering about how I have the 12 volt transformer wired. The lights are on a switch and I have the transformer in the line before the switch. Thus I have power at the transformer all the time. Is...

View more questions Search