Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMONEY0531 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Should I accept the first offer of my settlement?
    I was in an auto accident as a passenger in a vehicle. I ended up having a collapsed lung, then while in the hospital it collapsed again when they pulled the air machine off the first time to see if the lung would stay up, it didn't. I was in the hospital for 13 days missed a month of work. The doctor said with me being tall and skinny it could happen again. The total bills for doctors was around 42,000. The insurance company is calling me tomorrow to make an offer to me for a settlement. I do not want to and have not hired a attorney. Does anyone know around the amount they will offer me and should I just accept the first offer to hurry thhis all up and get it over with. Please could someone provide an answer for me. Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 04:59 PM

Does the insurance company know it could happen again? What if it happens five more times?

The insurance company is hoping you will accept their lowest offer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 06:47 PM

How much work, how much loss income was there ?

So you add up all of your losses, est additional medical needs.

You need a figure in mind before you talk to them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I move on, or should I accept offer [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am in a pickle, I have been dating this very successful man for about three years. As a returning college student, he has been a very active part of my school life. We have multiple fights which he has ended or relationship and some how we have made it back together again. ...

I got a settlement offer from Washington Mutual [ 2 Answers ]

I negotiated a settlement with WaMu. They gave me a 60% offer and I have to pay it off in 6 months. On a balance of $17,000 that's about $9900. I can't believe they offered it to me, I was only hoping for 25% off. They want to take it out of my bank account automatically. This is the only way they...

Settlement offer [ 7 Answers ]

About six months ago my daughter was rear ended at a stop light, her car was totaled. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital with back pain prescribed pain meds. And released. She saw a chiropractor for a month after but discontinued because they wanted payment up front and she could not...

Debt Settlement- How much to offer? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a car loan from about five years ago that has defaulted and been sent to a collection agency- Long story short, I owe about 2,300 on the loan, but the car is right now worth much less... over 100,000 miles, major body damage... from what I understand, the expense to reposess it isn't worth...

Best way to offer settlement to a debt collector. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I currently have one "bad debt" out there that has been in collections for awhile for about $3500. The collection agency is Asset Acceptance and several months ago they offered to settle the debt for a little less than half. Well at the time I couldn't afford to settle but now I...

View more questions Search