Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airhead53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 01:25 PM
    Thermosta installation
    I'm going from a simple comfort 2001 thermostat to a honeywell programmable thermo. What do the G, Y, W, C, & R wire codes stand for on the simple comfort?
    alexander varga Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 01:19 PM

Just connect the wires the same way they are connected
    R power
    G fan
    W heat
    Y cooling
    C common

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub installation [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everybody! I'm remodeling my bathroom and removed a tile tub and plan to replace it with a cast iron one. The drain has been relocated with the J-bend under the concrete foundation. Do I need a AFR (above floor rough installation) tub or a regular. It's a LHO, 3 wall alcove. Forgive my...

White-Rodgers 1E56W-309 thermostat to Honeywell VisionPRO 8000 programmable thermosta [ 10 Answers ]

I am replacing white-rodgers 1E56W-309 thermostat to Honeywell VisionPRO 8000 programmable thermostat. I have 1H/1C system in my house. However, my furnace is used both for heating and cooling. I have read the installation manual for the white-rodgers thermostat and looked at the current thermostat...

Clicking noise one story above unit when TRANE furnace is engaged from Zone thermosta [ 12 Answers ]

I recently had my wall mounted thermostat moved to a different location in my house by a licensed electrician. Shortly afterwards (not the same day) a steady and continuous clicking sound started to come from behind the wall where the thermostat used to be located. This sound only comes on when I...

RAM installation [ 1 Answers ]

OK I have dell dimension desktop 3100 when I open my computer case and check it use DDR2 Pc 3200 I want to upgrade to 1GB so I go to this website Crucial I use their progarm to check what kind the memory I need they end up showing those memory are DDR2 PC 4200 so I dun no what to do ? Should I get...

Hot tub installation on 100 amp [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am buying a new home (being built) and the house comes with 100 amps electrical circuit, I want to put in a hot tub once the house is done but I read online and on this site that 100 amps might not be enough, is there a way to upgrade later on or should I ask the builder if they can do 200...

View more questions Search