Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmaria28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Litter Box Quirk or Medical Issue?
    Hi, I have a neutered male cat who is about 3 years old. I've noticed that he goes to the litter box about 1-2 times per day. Lately, I noticed that he will go to his litter box and sniff it (when it is clean) and walk away and not use it. Sometimes he walks in a little (only with his front paws) sniffs the air and walks away. When I see him use the box, either number 1 or number 2, he doesn't look like he is in pain or straining more than usual. I am wondering if his litter box behavior is a sign of a medical problem or if it has something to do with the box. Come to think of it, he does it whether it is clean or dirty, but I tend to clean his box once or twice a day, depending on how many times he goes.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 12:40 PM

Have you changed the brand of litter lately?
    lmaria28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 02:43 PM
    No, it is still the same brand of litter. I actually figured out what the issue was. We kept the litter box in the bathroom cabinet, along with other items and I realized that he must have gotten scared by something in the cabinet. I think something may have fell while he was using the litter box, so I took the litter box out of the cabinet and he is using it fine. Problem solved :) Thanks for the response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat litter? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend is pregnant and has four cats, she heard recently, cat poo/litter emits a toxic chemical leading to birth defects.. has any one heard of this? And could give me more info?

Cat litter [ 1 Answers ]

What type cat litter tracks the least? I have Arm & Hammer clumping litter. If my cat gets wet and then goes into litter box (he loves getting in the shower):cool: , litter sticks to his hair and he tracks it all over the house. Any suggestions?

How to cure a dog "quirk"? [ 8 Answers ]

My 15 yr old male yorkie/pom has developed a "quirk" about eating off his plate! I'm desperate for ideas on how to get him over this, as he won't eat! It started about 1 month ago, when he went to eat(normaly digs right in!), and bumped his mouth or something on the plate, which hurt him and he...

Cat doesn't want to pee in litter pan [ 6 Answers ]

One of my cats, I have four will poop in the litter pan but won't pee in it. I have tried everything. She has one place in the garage where she does this all the time. Seems like I've tried eveything and I've had cats for years and have never had to deal with this before.

Medical issue got me fired. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if this is against labor laws. I started a new job 2 weeks ago and I did not tell them of a condition, in which no one knows what is, If I don't know what it is, how can I tell them I have it for one thing. Well, I had one of my spells, and they told me to bring in all my...

View more questions Search