Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcook462 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 12:28 PM
    Can you identify this bug?
    I thought this was a chigger until I managed to catch one on a piece of tape and scanned it in to enlarge it. It is about the size of a chigger - very tiny. There are 3 spots on its back and I saw no spots on the chiggers and it wasn't shaped like the pictures of chiggers I found. Any help in identifying it is appreciated.
    Attached Images

KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jul 5, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Hi! jcook462, and welcome to AMHD :)

I'm thinkin' the "dreaded brown dog tick" :eek:

Brown Dog Tick

K
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Looks like a brown dog tick or perhaps a black legged tick.

Image Search Results
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 03:38 PM
    Brown Dog Tick. Just pulled one out of my hair the other day. YUCK!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Identify this bug [ 3 Answers ]

Can you tell me what mite looks like a very small worm or caterpillar? mmarsha

Can you identify this bug? [ 6 Answers ]

I found this bug beside my back door in November, (although the properties on my picture show Feb. this railing was not put up until the first of Oct). I have never seen anything like this before. I wish I had captured him/it but wasn't sure if it were dangerous or not. For sizing purposes, the...

Identify this bug [ 6 Answers ]

/Users/whidbeychef/Desktop/IMG_0566.JPG Please identify this bug. Found in Neveda county California at 7pm. Thank you /Users/whidbeychef/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2008/Nov 24, 2008/IMG_0566.JPG

I need to identify this dog, I want one! [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so there's this dog in the following video. I would like to know what kind of dog it is: <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3l7LbSMA-AA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed...

Can you identify [ 1 Answers ]

There was a picture in my home growing up and I'm trying to find a print. I do not know the title or Artist name. It is an old piece my Mother had, so I would date it prior to 1940's. IT is a painting of an old Brass bed with a girl Asleep who has dark hair. There is a large dog at the side, or...

View more questions Search