Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xkatie AX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 08:28 AM
    How can I tell my parents ?
    Can any 1 help me I'm so scared and nervous to tell my parents I want to sing but I don't no how I'm scared they won't like my voice or they don't take me seriously can any 1 help ? Please
    wrecklez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 08:53 AM
    Don't get scared.. if you know you have voice.. just be confident on what you have.. it's a good career if you will get serious to that.. also if you have a bad voice.. there's some voice lesson to enroll.. =)
    badpenny Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Oct 21, 2006, 08:06 PM
    Even a cheaper route, at least to learn some of the basics and you might find a vocal coach in the process. Try your local church chior. Or better yet, if you are still in school, try your high school chior, or even a junior college.
    sj12345 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Check your voice out with your friends if they like it tell your perents, if they don't like it ask for singing lessons.
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Mar 29, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Don't say anything, just go up to them and SING IT!!
    xxluvmexxhatemexx Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2008, 11:04 PM
    I sing in front of my friends and boyfriends even though I was scared at once but I was singing in my room and then my boyfriend cought me and I had to sing in front of everyone it was sooo embarrassing
    avoransgurl1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 07:54 PM
    My husband is a singer and this is his advice and I would take it if I were you! He said make a CD or cassette and tell your parents you want them to listen to it then afterwards ask them how they like it! Tell them that that is what you love to do and you want there support in your dream!
    azanerd Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Apr 29, 2008, 08:37 PM
    When Tyra Banx was beginning a singing career and revealed it on an America's Next Top Model episode, she said that when you're starting something like this, if you're not ready to share it with people, then keep you're mouth shut, but if you know that you're ready then just go for it. I like the idea of recording your singing and letting them hear it, that way you can listen to it first and make sure it's good enough to make them believe in you, if you was to go up to them and start singing, you're nerves could get the best of you and make your voice shaky, of course nervousness would come a lot with a singing career, but that's for worrying about later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents Beware [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Tonight, Fri, 04-07-06, "Dateline NBC" will have a report on MySpace.com, with input from MySpace. If you are a parent with teens, who use the internet, and in particular, please be aware what information your teen(s) has put on online. Some teens are "going too far" with posting MyProfile,...

My Parents have split. [ 26 Answers ]

Hey guys, When I was 10yrs my Mum and Dad got divorced. It was very hard for me and growing up I have not really had much to do with my Dad; which is sad because I was always a Daddy's girl. My mum remarried when I was 12yrs and since then my Step-Dad has always been there for me. I look to...

Telling Parents [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I just found this group this eveing I have an issue where I can use a little advise if any one can help. Ok here goes. A little about me My name is steve I and am 25 years old. My Parents are both loving and caring I come from a 3 person family meaning I am a only child My...

View more questions Search