Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itsfla Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 11:20 AM
    In need of assistance child custody
    My ex wife abandoned my daughter in October of 2007 and she lives with me fulltime I filed for custody in nov 2007 and got to court in dec 2008 they still have not ruled Now my ex wife in Florida has abandoned my son 11 and I need to file some kind of emerges motion
    Can anyone help
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 12:08 PM

Are you in Florida also ? If you are then file for custody based on the information you have and get temporary orders to go with it. I can't imagine a custody hearing going on for a year if its uncontested. What's really going on and why are you calling it abandonment ? Was the child dropped at your doorstep ?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 12:13 PM
    I would first get your son in your physical care. Where/with whom in Fla. Did your ex leave him? Go to Fla. claim him and bring him home with you. Then file a motion for custody of your son and follow up on your pending custody motion for your daughter. The more prepared you are, the faster you'll get the courts to move. Do you know of your ex's whereabouts,last known address or some sort of contact information? The court will want to know that so they can at least give her an opportunity to respond to your motions for custody. They won't rule until they've given her every reasonable chance to respond in some manner whether it be a counter-motion, etc. And if she's disappeared then obviously it's going to be difficult for the court to contact her. But first and foremost you want to ascertain that both of your children remain in your physical care so that they are properly provided for.
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 12:17 PM
    I can't imagine a custody hearing going on for a year if its uncontested.
    Yes, true. This should have been resolved by now. A year is more than enough time to give a parent a chance to respond to a custody motion. In the absence of any such response, it should be granted by default.

Jul 5, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Are you in Florida also ? If you are then file for custody based on the information you have and get temporary orders to go with it. I can't imagine a custody hearing going on for a year if its uncontested. Whats really going on and why are you calling it abandonment ? Was the child dropped at your doorstep ?
    The child stays with me for the month of June his sister has lived with me fulltime since October 2007 she just left him here I called here attorney he says he doesn't represent her anymore I cannot afford an attorney and the courts in Florida are a joke

Jul 5, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci View Post
    I would first get your son in your physical care. Where/with whom in Fla. did your ex leave him? Go to Fla., claim him and bring him home with you. Then file a motion for custody of your son and follow up on your pending custody motion for your daughter. The more prepared you are, the faster you'll get the courts to move. Do you know of your ex's whereabouts,last known address or some sort of contact information? The court will want to know that so they can at least give her an opportunity to respond to your motions for custody. They won't rule until they've given her every reasonable chance to respond in some manner whether it be a counter-motion, etc. And if she's disappeared then obviously it's going to be difficult for the court to contact her. But first and foremost you want to ascertain that both of your children remain in your physical care so that they are properly provided for.
    My Son is in my physical care do not know where the mother is called her attorney he says he doesnot represent her anymore. Have tried to reach mother No way of getting hold of her has moved

Jul 5, 2009, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Are you in Florida also ? If you are then file for custody based on the information you have and get temporary orders to go with it. I can't imagine a custody hearing going on for a year if its uncontested. Whats really going on and why are you calling it abandonment ? Was the child dropped at your doorstep ?
    My son stayes with me for the month of June My daughter stays with me fulltime since Octber 2007 The mother has disappeared the courts messed up on the custody hearing in December and have not ruled cannot afford an attorney My daughters mother has made no effort to contact her daughter and know she does this to her son
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 01:51 PM
    My Son is in my physical care do not know where the mother is called her attorney he says he doesn't represent her anymore. Have tried to reach mother No way of getting hold of her has moved
    Then file the motion and tell the judge everything you've said here. Be prepared to give the name and other contact info. For her former attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to file the child custody for getting my child support? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been lived with my EX for 4 yrs. We have a 6-year-old son. We had broken 3 years ago. But we are still living together, because we bought a house together. And we are taking care of my child together also . Now I want he give me a full child custody, he denied it. And his mother, my child...

Can father of my unborn child receive custody or visitation rights after child is bor [ 5 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the babies father is going after custody or visitation when the child is born. He is very abusive and does have a violent record from the past. He is been making many threats towards me and my unborn child. He has even stated that once he has the child in his hands he stated that...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

Foster child needs assistance [ 5 Answers ]

This is a long story, I will try to cut it short for all of you. Thank you in advance for any help or advice! We fostered a boy (14) The first month was great, then the honeymoon stage left all together, meaning his true colors started showing very rapidly. From getting angry when we said no,...

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

View more questions Search