Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SuggaMama Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2009, 04:42 AM
    Are U Unique
    How can you just be yourself around people and make them like you? I really don't understand that, what do you have to do to be yourself- can I have some examples of how to make friends but not to be fake and not to suck up to them to make them like me... :confused:
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Jul 5, 2009, 04:48 AM

You can't make people like you, if they like you, they like you, if they don't, they don't
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2009, 05:01 AM

Just be yourself. Don't try to be something you are not. They will see right through you. You will look phoney. Like the above said, they will either like you or not. Not much you can do about it.
    BhumTing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 06:21 AM

Thanks but I don't know who I am anymre, when I had my old friends I was loud, hyper and confident- I was always like that. Ever since I lost my friends I'm finding it difficult to make new ones, I'm really quite and depressed. I don't know weather I'm the meant to be the loud girl or the one no one really takes notice off
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BhumTing View Post
    thanks but i dont know who i am anymre, when i had my old friends i was loud, hyper and confident- i was always like that. ever since i lost my friends im finding it difficult to make new ones, im really quite and depressed. i dont kno weather im the ment to be the loud girl or the one no one really takes notice off
    Are you SuggaMama?
    Please only create one account, it gets too confusing.

You do what you feel comfortable with.
    Around some people I tend to be more reserved and be more of a listener than an active speaker and around other people I am the talker of the group.

You will make more friends, don't worry so much.
    When I was in year 7 I had one single friend. She often would just stop talking to me for days at a time and left me to sit by myself at lunch time.
    She, of course had other friends she could hang out with.
    It took a while but eventually I started talking to other people in my classes and made new, better friends than she ever was.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 05:18 PM
    Just be yourself.

You don't know who you are anymore, you say?

Bull spit, I say.

If you want to shout something in the middle of class do it. If you want to wear your hair in a funny or unique way, (or not even do anything to it at all) do it. If you want to wear mis-matched green and purple, do it.
    If you see 25 kids wearing converse, and you want them to like you, you don't need to wear the same shoes. However, what you do need to do is to show them who you ARE, and them to like you for who you are, not because you're fitting in.

Basically, to sum it all up, don't do what you think people will like, do what you like.

Don't be a conformist, but rather, you should march to the beat of your own drummer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to OPT to H1. Unique Situation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, This is my first post. I have no knowledge on taxes. I graduated in dec 2007 from university in NC. My OPT started in Jan and I found a job in march 08 where I started working on OPT. I filed for my H1 and it started from Oct 1st 2008. I am single. My dad is also here on h1 and...

Unique kitten name? [ 10 Answers ]

HI! I have an 10 week old boy kitten. He's gray and white, and FULL of energy. I'm not very creative, so I need some help. I'm wanting a name that connects with his personality but any ideas are appreciated. He's very outgoing, always into something, when you catch him doing something he...

Unique [ 30 Answers ]

What makes a mistake unique?

Looking for unique clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I want to find some clothes that may be rave/futuristic/technoey ( I think I just made a new word )/ j.street style looking. Can anyone help? :cool:

View more questions Search