Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherylpresley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Water is not filling the toilet tank even when the valve is turned on
    I just had the bathroom floor redone and replaced the toilet. It was working fine until one day I came home from work and the toilet tank was empty and I cannot get the tank to fill with water no matter how much the valve is on
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 04:47 PM

Hi Cherly

Under toilet on left side is the water supply to toilet. This is the angle valve.

Shut off angle valve and remove water line going from angle valve to toilet.

Point end of water line into pan. Turn water on very slowly.

If water does not come out, turn angle valve off. Shut of main water supply.

On angle valve there is a nut(packing nut) behind handle that valve stem goes through.
    Remove packing nut and remove valve stem turning counter clock wise.

Holding a towel in front of opening, have someone turn on main very slowly for about 3 to 4 seconds. If any debris is in line it should come out.

Put valve stem back in and tighten packing nut. Turn on main water supply.

If still no water get back to us

Chuck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 4, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Here's a cutaway of a angle stop to help you. Now tell me what ballcock you have, The one on the right or the one on the left? Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank on back of toilet is not filling [ 4 Answers ]

This morning I noticed the fill tank in the rear of the toilet is not filling. All other water supplies in the house are OK. The toilet is not clogged. What can I do?

Toilet Tank not filling after hot water heater fix! [ 1 Answers ]

Folks after changing out the element in my hot water heater today (which involved shutting off the water to the heater, draining and refilling it) one of my toilets will not fill the tank after a flush. Any ideas what can be causing this? Thank you.

Toilet tank not filling with water [ 5 Answers ]

Our toilet just decided to stop filling up with water. It eventually does fill up but the water is not "spurting" out of the tube, actually it's just dribbling... do I need to replace something or is this a job for a plumber... hopefully it's an easy fix and I'm hoping someone can help me... Thank...

Toilet tank fills when water valve is off [ 6 Answers ]

My toilet tank fills (not immediately after fludhing, but within an hour) even though the water valve is turned off. What could the issue be and can I easily fix this myself?

Toilet tank valve turned off and its still leaking! [ 1 Answers ]

I really need help. I live in a two story row home, and my upstairs toilet tank leaks into my downstairs dining room ceiling whenever it is used. We have controlled this problem by keeping the valve shut off at the tank. But now the valve is turned off but the toilet is still making water sounds...

View more questions Search