Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyshooter11 Posts: 84, Reputation: 5

Jul 4, 2009, 12:16 PM
    A friend acting ridiculous
    OK before I start my story let give you some back ground info. Me and my friend are both ONLY 16 yrs old and still in high school. My friend is a lesbian. OK so her and her girlfriend decided that they want to have a kid this young! At first I thought it would be kind of cool if they did, I also thought they were never going to go through with the idea until they asked my boyfriend if he could donate his sperm to them! This is where I started freaking out a little. Me and my boyfriend talked about it and we both agreed that it was REALLY bad idea. So he broke the news to them that night. The next morning I get a text. It was my friend just going off on me about how I "screwed her over and i'm a horrible friend because i know how bad she wanted that baby". She had the idea that I talked my boyfriend out of it and made him say "no" to her. Which wasn't the case, he thought I was a stupid idea all on his own. I explained to her that I did think it was a bad idea but I didn't make the choice my boyfriend did. She goes on even more and saying the most ridiculous things like "i'm jealous of her" "i think i'm better than everyone else" "i've changed so much". Ever since then we haven't talked and I have no idea how to handle this situation. This is a really awkward place for me and I never thought that my friend would pull something this dumb on me. I just feel like my friend is acting like a complete psycho right now. I talking it out with her but it's practically impossible. I know that this is an unusual situation but can anyone tell me what is going on?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 02:14 PM
    I think you've said it all in your question, ".. a friend acting ridiculous', because that is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is refreshing that you, at age 16, and your boyfriend, have the strength of character and can think beyond the moment, about their proposal.

To me, they just presumed that because you were such good friends with these two girls, you would naturally do anything for them, without question. At your age, most teens would be swapping nailpolish, not hatching plans to have a baby with a girlfriends' boyfriends' sperm.

Their reaction should tell you a lot. They think nothing of asking you and your boyfriend to assist them in having a baby, yet, when they are told no, they go ballistic. That is immaturity, selfishness, and innapropriate in light of the seriousness of their desire to be parents at age 16. Which is a whole other ball of wax I won't go into.

You have done nothing wrong. I hope that they are turned down again and again until they finally get the message it's not a good idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Guy Friend From The Past Acting Rude Towards Me Why? [ 6 Answers ]

This girl I know seems to have a rude boyfriend. Whenever I run into the two of them (she)talks to me trying to make conversation but he barely looks at me let alone speaks to me. He just sits there in silence and barely turns his head to look over at me. I know he's shy but him and I use to be...

Situation Is Getting Ridiculous [ 5 Answers ]

I told you about a forum I was on where I had received some unprovoked attacks then banned. This forum has since been closed (I did a little Cosmic Ordering lol - Cosmic Ordering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) Well the situation is getting ridicules and I would like your views on it if I...

Is this a ridiculous request? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, Tenaj again. I bought a new computer XP Media center edition moved up from Windows 2000. Is is possible for me to burn Front Page from my old computer to CD and install it on my new. I bought the old computer from someone who runs an ad in our local newspaper that rebuild...

View more questions Search