Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troublhld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Eye infection
    Hello, I just got a baby kitten who is about 6weeks old who has an eye infection.I want to help her but can't take her to the vet right now due to financial reasons.Does anyone know of a way to fix this with an over the counter eye drop or homeremeity?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 11:45 AM

I'm not trying to be rude, but how long will these financial problems occur? Did you think about this when you got a kitten?
    blondemom Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 08:26 PM
    You know what OK, you don't have a lot of money... me either! But that doesn't mean you can't provide a loving home for a pet! It makes me so mad when people say if you can't afford the vet bills you shouldn't have a pet. Do you know how many pets there are in shelters? Thousands, would these people like even more to be there? Lets face it maybe its not ideal for a pet have an owner who isn't financially well off but you know what its far better than having no home at all! Good luck with your kitten and I hope it turns out well, I would personally give the kitty some polysporin eye drops for a few days and if it doesn't improve speak to a vet about payments or what my vet offers is basically a temporary credit card to help you cover the cost. P.S. I bet you are a great pet parent!
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2011, 04:55 AM
    To be fair, in a shelter, the kitten would at least get vet care. I worked in a shelter for 2 years, and that was part of my job.

Also - this post is from 2009. Please check your dates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye infection [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 6week old kitten who's eye looked like it had a lot of cold in it so I used a warm cloth to clean it but it look s bad with a lot lot of pus like stuff in it. He can not seen to openit and now it looks swollen. What should I do.

Toe infection [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I don't know if this is the right sub-category, my apoligies if it is not. Around 3 weeks ago I started to notice my toe was red and slightly green to the side of the nail so I went to the doctors and got some antibiotics. I was given enough tablets for 1 week after the week of treatment...

Do I have an infection? [ 4 Answers ]

I got cut pretty bad from sandpaper on my arm... I guess you'd say more like abraded, but it went fairly deep. Not deep enough to need stitches but deep enough to cause considerable bleeding and subsequent scabbing over. This was about a week ago, and now I'm having a strange pain in my arm, it's...

Cat eye infection [ 2 Answers ]

I have a wild cat that had a litter of 4 and now 3 weeks later 3 of them have eye infections in one eye what can I do

Possible infection [ 2 Answers ]

I just noticed a whitehead of pus on one of my dog's nipples. Could it be serious?

View more questions Search