Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunanthem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Accidentally asked the wrong person out
    I have a horrible dilemma involving a few drunken text messages and for the life of me can't figure out how to patch up the mistake. I'd be grateful for any advice.

My friend Sarah lives next door to me (She moved in a couple months ago and is staying for another year). We connect in a lot of ways and I know we have a mutual interest in one another but I hadn't made any moves as far as asking her out thus far. I liked that we were becoming great friends and was unsure if I wanted to move beyond that.

My friend Jennifer lives a couple hours away and I've known her for about 5 years. I've always flirted around with her but nothing has ever went any farther. She visits about twice a year and is planning on coming down this coming weekend.

The dilemma is this: I accidentally sent Sarah a text message intended for Jennifer saying, "You gonna let me take you out for a few drinks?" Sarah's response was a confused "yes". I couldn't rebuke my text message and tell her what really just happened because that seemed both weird and horribly cruel. So I tried to reword the message so it would be in context to Sarah's previous message. Basically, I asked her out without feeling ready to do so, and worse, it's a lie, which is never a good thing to start with. Now, Jennifer is coming this weekend telling me she will be "all dolled up for me" while I'm supposed to follow through on taking Sarah out soon. I like Sarah, but I didn't intend on asking her out and am in doubt as to whether I really want to take that step.

So I am kind of in a panic figuring out what to do. I realize that by default I have the greatest frame of reference for the situation but I'd like to get others opinions.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 08:22 AM

So you go out with Jennifer when she is here and then some other time you take Sara out asap and make it into a hang out and get to know my neighbor a little better thing so she doesn't take it for anything else... AND MAKE SURE you don't get drunk and make a bigger mistake.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jul 4, 2009, 08:42 AM

Good advice would be to not involve alcohol or any substance while dealing with matters such as these.

That being said, you could go out with her as friends. From your description you asked a friend out for drinks, that doesn't necessarily mean you are taking her out on a date. Although she may well assume that. At this point she's going to assume you like her anyway, not going furthr and playing it as friends is the only way to get out of this.

I'm all for the truth, unfortunetly in this case it would hurt someone and that should not be based on the fact that it was your mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is it normally wrong to kill a person? [ 141 Answers ]

Is it simply a human convention?

Suing wrong person [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued in civil court and I am the wrong person how do I get myself off the sumons

Registered to the wrong person! [ 1 Answers ]

I have to renew my registration for my license plate.. I recently bought a new vehicle from my cousin. I already had a license plate so I just did a transfer. I never received anything in the mail with any information on it yet. This was about 2 months ago. Now that it's time to renew my plate, I...

Wrong person [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any possibility to find a person with only a photo? I don't know where this person lives. I was a member of match.com and made a contact with a man. It has come to my knowledge that the man on the picture is not the man I have been in contact with. The man I was in contact with is a man...

I like this bot but my mate asked him out and said no is it wrong if I do [ 4 Answers ]

Hia...x I REALLY like this boy but my M8 asked him out and he said no, But everyone thinks he only likes her as a M8 HELP! Is it WRONG to ask him out if he said NO??

View more questions Search