Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carlson92 Posts: 86, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Real purpose of NC?
    Hey guys, this might be beneficial to many of us including me. Yeah I'm carrying out the NC rule now after breaking and bla bla bla about my thread. But I want to ask here on something.
    What is the main purpose of NC rule? For example, Is it the time for both side to be healed? If so, what's next? Do you use NC rule regardless of whatever your break up situation is whether you're the breakee or breaker? I just want to get this clear that's all. :)

On behalf on whoever who is wondering about this, thank you in advance. :)
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Jul 4, 2009, 07:49 AM

The main purpose of NC is to protect yourself, by removing the object (the ex) out of your life. Its to help you heal. And also give yourself a break to see how you feel.

I think a lot of people don't want there ex's back whilst doing NC. This is after the hurt is at its least.
    xadmin Posts: 79, Reputation: 8

Jul 4, 2009, 08:06 AM

To heal and remove the hurt. It's very tough
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 08:29 AM

NC -Breaking up is to heal and move on
    NC- taking a break is to clear your head and reflect on what you need to work on and change
    NC-breaker or breakee-neither is suppose to have an upper hand on being able to contact
    NC means NC
    Do not use it as a manipulating thing to try and make the other do what you want.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jul 4, 2009, 08:35 AM

I keep seeing this topic mentioned lately, is there that many break-ups in the summer months?

Anyway, the above posters sum it up nicely. I will add though that many think their break-up story is unique, that NC may not apply because their situation is so complex and different than all others... it's really not.

The pain and hurt associated with a break up is akin to the pain one feels when placing their hand on a hot stove, it may vary in degree depending on how long they've held it there but the pain is similar. You don't like the pain so you stay away from the stove. How or why or when you burnt yourself, how it came to pass, what circumstances were involved is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is that it hurts and what can you do to stop the pain.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 10:13 AM

No contact, in our context, is a recovery process. It applies when someone is no longer objective about his or her feelings. When the person analyses every little detail. When he or she continues to have false hope, but there is actually no hope. When the person acts desperate and cannot control his or her emotions.

* No contact should be implemented until both of people have recovered from the events. Otherwise, we just end up dragging out the recovery procress.

No contact requires us to distance ourselves from that person until we have recovered from these symptoms. Once both people involved have recovered and feel more objective about their feelings, then they can try to start a friendship.

But keep in mind, you cannot force a friendship if one of the people involved doesn't want it to happen.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 12:22 PM

No Contact is to heal from a break up, so you can make better decisions for yourself, based on facts and not just feelings.

Feeling can cloud the brain of true facts, and the reality of a situation.

I have always found it interesting, that after healing, most people don't want their exes back, because now they see the many options, and opportunities, being happy with themselves brings.

Who wants to go back to misery, pain, confusion, and drama.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 02:40 PM

It lets you start a new life WITHOUT the other person, the idea is not to use it to get back with them, but to just go on, find someone else and get over it.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 09:11 PM

NC the onlt self-help way to drop a bad-habit. NC = cold turkey.

An ad-lib anecdote:
    I got used to [smoking/seeing my girlfriend] everyday before and after work. But now that [I have emphysema/we broke up], I can't anymore, and I have quit cold-turkey because I owe it to myself. It's too hard when [I see people smoking/my girlfriend] because it makes me want to jump back on the wagon, when I know nothing good will come of it. But after enough time passes and [my lungs heal/my heart heals], I know I'll feel better and can move on with life to greater things.
    carlson92 Posts: 86, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2009, 08:25 AM

General question here. After going through NC and done with it, like can see the ex dating with another person without stinging, what if the person who is done with NC is still interested in the "ex"? Now way higher chance of getting the ex back?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the purpose [ 5 Answers ]

What is the purpose for governments in the declaration of independence

Does the Universe Have a Purpose [ 5 Answers ]

:cool: Thanks

What's the purpose of NC? [ 2 Answers ]

I wonder now what the real purpose of NC. I mean, if your ex trying to contact you back after you do it, do you pick up the phone or what?? Is it best not to have any kind of relationship with your ex forever or..?

National Purpose [ 2 Answers ]

What is the National Purpose of the Republic of Serbia?

View more questions Search