Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Jul 4, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Wait it out or move on?
    Well, I moved up here to North Pole, Ak. From Phoenix, AZ. After I graduated HS. But that's a whole different story. But what I want to make from that being said is that I don't know anybody up here which me be a cause to my deliema.

Anyway. I just started working at the Fitness Center at Eielson AFB as a summer hire. Since my mom is the Manager of the facility she asked me if I would take the night shift and help out there. So I took the night shift. Found it to be really boring. One night, while talking with on of my co-workers. He tells me of this young lady that comes in, he said that she is really cute and going to join the Air Guard (sp?). Now seeing as how I am joing the Air Force, I was thinking maybe she would be worth going after. Well one night she comes in. And I see her for the first time. My co-workers are trying to get me to talk to her, but I am/was too shy to do so. So one of them talked to her for me, didn't ask him to do it, and he didn't try to set us up, just told her that I though she was really cute and that he would appriciate (sp?) it if she would talk to me. She tells him that she thinks I'm cute, but she has a boyfriend. I was like all right what ever, I'll just try to get past me being shy to talk to her. Well she comes in a couple nights later with her boyfriend. He is in the basketball court, and she comes up to the front counter to buy some things. We make small talk, but of chourse me being me, I was putting on a hard-to-get act. Well she breaks up with him and keeps coming in. We keep making small talk but again I keep the act up. Well one night I decied if she comes in, I'm going to try my best to not act like that. And it works. She comes in and we talk. I get her number and shoot her a text the next night.

Now comes my deliema. The one time I actually talked to her, I learn she also plays hard to get. Well over the past couple of days, I have talked to her a little bit, I notice she is sending me little signals that she is into me. i.e. one night she asked me if I was a mommas boy, and I told her that I was. I texted her yesterday and asked her why she had asked that, she said she was just woundering and that she though it was cute. Another time, I had planned on going to the F.C. to work out and told her so and asked her if she would like to join me, she told me she had already been there but would go again to support me. She also told me that I could go over to her house first or meet her there. And another time I noticed a signal was when I texted her the night after I got her number, she had asked what took me so long to text her.

Now with all these signals I'm getting I also feel like she isn't intereasted (sp?) in me. Like when I went to the F.C. to work out and meet her there, I tried to be by her and talk to her and what not but she kind of walk off. And also when we text we'll text for like 30mins or so then she will just stop, I don't shoot her another text because I don't want to force her to talk to me if she doesn't want to talk to me. I also asked her last night to go out with me to the movies or something tonight. But I never got a reply.

So what should I do, wait it out and see what happens or just give up? I am also not a big fan of playing games like this, even though I kind of started "playing hard to get" but I didn't do it on perpouse and I changed it
    3someone3 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 09:52 PM

Well first of all, do you really think she's worth it? If she seems like a good game then go for it at leazt a litte longer. If you think it's whatever wait it out. And if you know there's better out there move on!
    jaimie02 Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Jul 6, 2009, 11:23 AM

Well I see exactly why you are confused.

Maybe instead of asking her out through a text you should have asked her in person.

Texting is so impersonal, and I learned that a relationship can be amazing through txting but awkward and not as fun through real life.

Try again, more personably and if it doesn't work just move on, hun. Its tough, I know, but there are other girls out there. And you will probably meet plenty of girls when you join the Air Force, anyway.

Jul 6, 2009, 08:56 PM

Well, I have decied to move on, I have not spoke to her since Thursday. She has decieded to chase after somebody else. Which this is fine with me. As jaimie as said I will probably meet more girls in the Air Force and probably shouldn't worry about any girls up here, as to how I will probably never see them again anyway

Jul 7, 2009, 12:16 PM

Good for you.

And by the way, thank you, for deciding to go into the airforce and serve our country

Jul 8, 2009, 12:24 AM

Thank you for supporting

Our county needs more of it but that's a different thread

Jul 8, 2009, 09:57 AM

You're welcome.. what's the other thread?

Jul 8, 2009, 10:56 AM

I meant I could post another thread about how much our country needs supporters, this isn't the thread to be doing it in

Jul 8, 2009, 03:05 PM

Oh yea... I agree

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I wait or move on [ 5 Answers ]

There's a young man in my church that I'm very interested in, we've discussed this and he's stated that he's interesterd in me as well. We don't talk on the phone because he's really trying to get something's in order concerning his life before he gets into a relationship, but he stated that he...

Should I wait for him, or move on? [ 7 Answers ]

I’m not sure where to begin; my story with my ex would probably take up a whole novel. So, I will try and make a long story short. I met the most amazing guy a year ago and we had the best relationship. We were lovers and best friends. We were long distance (700 miles apart) and would try and...

Should I wait for her or move on [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am confused. I have been married for 4 years now and am separated. We have a 2 and a half year old son. Recently we talked and she said she wants to try and repair our marriage, I always wanted to. The next time we talked she said she did not know what she wanted. Right after we separated she...

Should I move on or should I wait? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been going on for around 4 months. A couple days ago she told me that she wanted to take a break "for a while". We've always been good to each other and we always have fun together, it's not like we don't enjoy each others company. But recently things have changed a lot....

Wait or move on [ 6 Answers ]

Dear experts, This guy and I have been seeing each other for 6 months and as with any relationship, we had a few bits of drama, but never to the point of separation. However, on Friday night, I called him and he was crying because his ex girlfriend had belittled him severely in front of a...

View more questions Search