Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    putus2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Ohio state Income Tax
    I live and work for an office in Florida. The Cooperate office is based in Ohio which I work Directly under. They are deducting Ohio Income tax form my earnings . Should they be doing this. IF I live an Work from the Florida Office.:)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 01:34 PM

You should not have Ohio State Income Tax withheld from your check. Contact the HR folks on Monday and tell them that you live and work in Florida. Last time I looked, Florida had no Individual State Income Tax to take out of payroll checks. They need to correct their mistake now or you will have a hard time trying to get that tax money back.
    SafeHeart Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 06:36 PM

That's a good question! It almost seems that if one state takes out income tax, another state cannot. However, if Florida does not have a state income tax, well then..?

Check with the Florida Attorney of State's Office to get your answer.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find a law that was passed in 1996 in city of Dayton, or State of Ohio [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to know how to find the exact text of a law that was passed in Montgomery County, or the City of Dayton, Ohio or the State of Ohio. I don't know which. I know the law was passed in 1996. It's called the Vickie West Law. It's about a prostitue who has been HIV positive since 1993 and...

State of Ohio hydronic exam [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- When running a water boiler pipe through a floor what is the minimum distance the pipe must go thu the floor and what is the minimum clearance around the pipe?

Being bonded in the state of West Virginia after being convicted felon in Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

Being a convicted felon in 2005 in the state of Ohio how long do I need to be out before I have to start paying to be bonded and I live in west virginia:eek:

Paying ga. State income taxes on income earned in another state [ 1 Answers ]

I earned money working in Texas, which does not have a state income tax, however I discovered when I filed my taxes I was being assesed taxes on income I did not earn in Georgia, I don't know the law, but I feel this is unfair.

View more questions Search