Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doug Crf Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2006, 12:02 AM
    Credit report question.
    I recently had some big changes with some stuff I had financed.
    I sold some things to get some things paid off.
    I am wondering if I should have my credit reports pulled up so I can
    Make sure the things are showing up as paid.
    I guess I should check them like once a year any ways??
    Doug
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2006, 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Crf
    I guess I should check them like once a year any ways???
    Doug
    That's what's recommended.
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Jan 22, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Crf
    I recently had some big changes with some stuff I had financed.
    I sold some things to get some things paid off.
    I am wondering if I should have my credit reports pulled up so I can
    make sure the things are showing up as paid.
    I guess I should check them like once a year any ways???
    Doug
    Be aware that there are several websites out there that say they offer free credit reports. Most of them have "catches" . AnnualCreditReport.com actually is free without any catches. If they ask for a credit card, you have entered the site incorrectly.

Don't expect the results of your actions to appear immediately. It just doesn't happen. It will take 30+ days. Pull one credit report, then wait 30 days, pull the second agency and wait again. Major creditors report to all three agencies. I am sure you are attempting to raise your score. If you have credit cards you are not using, cut them up. DO NOT CLOSE THE ACCOUNTS. Closing the account will show activity and actually lower your score. If the card isn't used, the credit card company will eventually close it themselves, which will not affect the score.

Each time someone pulls your credit, for reasons other than employment or tenant screening, it will lower your score. You may want to just pull your FICA score rather than the full report. Everyone should look at their full credit report at least once per year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody now where to get a free credit report and score when you have no credit card to give them Thank you Demon

Credit report help [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I was listed as an authorized user on a family member's credit card. This account has turned into a collection account and I found out that it has affected my credit report negatively. I want to get the fact straight before I decide whether I want to...

Judgment/Credit Report [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgment on my credit report for October of 2000. This judgment was satified within one month of getting it. The only credit agency that is still reporting it is Equifax the other 2 have deleted it completely from my report. This judgment was filed while I was part of a small corporation,...

Reading my credit report [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: I recently requested a copy of my credit report because I had paid off some chargeoffs and bad debt. I am trying to determine when these accounts will drop off my report. There are 2 different dates for last activity and last payment. What date should I go by? Also, 2 accounts only list a...

View more questions Search