Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    06f150 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jul 3, 2009, 05:38 PM
    How to get T&g Flooring under door jambs
    Ok, first of all I am installing this in my own home.

I have Khars T&G free floating that is 7 7/8 wide. To have it lock together it needs to be at a 45' angle and then pushed in to the other piece and then flat to the floor.

So my question is how do you get it under door jambs if it needs to be at a 45 degree angle first??

To have it long enough to be under the jamb it would hit the trim/jamb before you ever get it flat to the floor...
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 11:57 PM

This site show how to remove tongue for install under door

Green Building Supply, Non Toxic Supplies, Environmentally Friendly Materials...

Chuck
    lamman Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2009, 04:18 PM

I just installed this same flooring for one of my clients. The planks were 8 feet long.
    What you need to do is to shave some of the locking system off so you can tap the planks together laying flat. I use a rasp and shave the part that sticks out. Before you tap the planks together you need to apply some glue. This particular product is a bear to work with. I explain how to do this on my site with laminate flooring, same process. Go to my review page and click on Swiftlock review.

Laminate-flooring-installed.com

Lamman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezer door pops open slightly when refrigerator door is closed. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator and when I close the refrigerator door the freezer door opens ever so slightly, so one is not aware it is open. Also, when you gently close the feezer door it stops short of forming a seal and you need to push it to get it to close.

Laminate flooring transition to raised vinyl flooring [ 4 Answers ]

Installer put new 1/4' subfloor in bathroom last year when installing new Tarkett (vinyl) flooring, with a metal strip transition to existing hall carpet. Now we are installing 12mm laminate in hall, which with underlay, is approximately the same height. However, when the metal strip was removed,...

Garage door opener making loud noise and door won't go up [ 1 Answers ]

When I pushed the button to open my mom's garage door, the door went up about an inch and made a loud banging noise like a machine gun. We got the door to open by pushing on the button and pushing up on the door. The noise is coming from the part in the middle of the garage door that goes down...

View more questions Search