Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junemommy Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Aluminum Siding Vents?
    A neighbor just told me that my siding should have small vent holes in the under side of it to let heat out instead of it moving into the house. Is there any truth to this? I've never heard this before.
    Thanks.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 07:06 PM

Are you talking about vents in the soffits?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 01:17 PM

Harold's question will lead you back to the neighbor to set him staright. No vents in siding but aluminim vents are common in the soffit. http://www.ventmasters.biz/Roof,%20S...le%20Vents.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aluminum House Siding [ 4 Answers ]

I recently read somewhere that aluminum siding shouldn't be painted over. Our home is older and has aluminum siding, I noticed today that the siding HAS been painted over (obviously before we moved here) and the paint is beginning to peel in small areas. Can we scrape the loose paint flakes off and...

Aluminum Siding Loose [ 1 Answers ]

Two rows of aluminum siding have come loose on the front of my house. They are still attached by the top of the part, but are flapping in the wind. Is there an easy way (without cutting) that I can reattach the siding? Please let me know. Thanks! Yvette

Aluminum Siding on a Rental Property [ 1 Answers ]

Can directv coaxial cable stapled or nail cause damage to aluminum siding when professionally installed?? :

Loose aluminum siding [ 1 Answers ]

My 50 yr old siding is in good condition, but there are places where the end of a piece has bulged or popped slightly. Also, the base of very bottom row tends to be loose from the house. This allows critters inside. How do I secure them? Tank you.

View more questions Search