Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hooker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 10:45 PM
    Probation
    What do you think would happen to me I am a probation violater I left cali and moved to Alaska while on probation and that was 3 years ago now I think they found me but I have a family and don't want to go back to jail and I want my probation switched to over here
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2006, 04:25 AM
    Hello Hooker:

I think they are going to violate you.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2006, 04:33 AM
    You violated your probation. You need to get an attorney. You MAY be able to fight extradition if you can show you rehabilitated yourself. What might be better is to turn yourself in, and ask for a hearing to show you have rehabilitated and plead to have your probation moved.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2006, 09:23 AM
    Ok, after you left California without notice, and did not report, they would have violated you a long time ago and issued a warrant for your arrest.

If and when they find you, it will be Californias choice to pay for you to be taken back to California or not.

After you get back to California you will have to face the charges of violating your probation and will most likely be sentenced to the jail time that you should have been on probation.

And after violating it, don't expect them to give you anything you want.

Best bet at this point, is hire an attorney and have them work out a deal with California to turn yourself in and get a bail amount set ahead of time so you can get out on bail when you turn yourself in.

Oct 16, 2006, 01:03 PM
    Um I talked to a perole officer he said unless I go back to cali or screw up real bad here nothing will happen to me
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2006, 01:08 PM
    What parole officer? Depending on the nature of the original offense and your violation, its possible you are too small a fish to fry. However, in your initial post you said you think they found you. That would mean they are looking. And if they were looking then they want to follow-up. In that case, I would not do "nothing".
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2006, 05:45 PM
    You "think" they have found you? Either they have or they haven't. What were you on probation for? If it was a minor charge then I'm not even sure they would bother expending the time and resources to track you down, especially all the way to Alaska. If they have, however, then you'll probably be arrested and extradited back to California, where you'll be at the mercy of the judge.

Oct 18, 2006, 04:59 PM
    It was a drug felony and they know where I am cause I was on welfare for my kid and they checked records in cali that said I was red flaged but they are not actively looking for me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2006, 05:53 PM
    No they don't normally actively look for anyone, except serious murder suspects or someone the DA really don't like, they merely wait for you to be stopped for speeding or a traffic check point and then just hold you for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation [ 7 Answers ]

OK I've been placed on probation as of February 1st,2006 until Feb 1st,2009.I'm scheduled for a personal meeting with my student coordinator to set up classes and what not.the problem is it's out of state,I haven't spoken with anyone including my probation officer since January 18th.should I try to...

Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I was placed on probation for a year for grand theft under 3,000 in fees. Time is up oct. 15-06 I have not been able to pay any money but I have completed all community hrs. I was 2 months pregnant at the time and did not know it I had my child 6-13-06 he passed on 6-30-06 though I have not had...

Probation [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is on probation for a misdemeanor violation (possession of marijuana). He has paid all fines, but has 24 hours of comminuty service to do. He has not done the community service yet because the county tells him when and where he can do community service. They have conveniently chosen a...

Probation [ 5 Answers ]

Can probation be imposed for a nonincarcerable offense?

Probation [ 7 Answers ]

My court sentence is Treatment in Lieu of conviction. I am following all of the guidelines, but the probation officer and I have a huge personality conflict. Even though I am following all of the parameters set, he gives me grief every time we meet. It is getting to the point where I am...

View more questions Search