Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jelost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 02:03 PM
    Biased landlord
    Two of my neighbors are buying homes and needed to move two weeks into the month. They paid for the two months they stayed. On the same day I call to see if I could move two weeks into the month and pay for the two weeks. The secretary said oh I don't see why not we do that all the time and we just did it today. No one called me back so I called two more times. Finally on the third time the owner answered. He asked if I gave 30 days notice to the manager I said yes. He then said we do not give people prorated rent. I said you just did it to two people. He said no we did not I do not know what you are talking about. He then said we have to pay for the whole month. Can He do this? Can he do one thing for one tenant and one thing for another?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Yes, he can, unless otherwise stipulated in your contract. Also keep in mind that if he has a manager and secretary handling things for him, he may be unaware of who's actually doing what. Perhaps the manager and/or secretary are bending the rules without his knowledge.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 3, 2009, 04:04 PM

Also how do you know that he actually did it? You stated they paid for the two MONTHS that stayed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 07:35 PM

And are you buying a house? If so perhaps unfair but not really illegal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing with a landlord that's never been a Landlord [ 15 Answers ]

I have had numerous landlords in my lifetime with all of them the same. They abide by the laws for tenant and landlord. Especially when they have a tenant that pays on time and respects their property. I am currently renting from a landlord that has never been a landlord and seems to think that...

Mathematical test racially biased [ 12 Answers ]

Yesterday in local Virginia news it was reported that the City of Chesapeake settled a lawsuit with the Dept of Justice that alleged that a math test was racially biased against African Americans and Hispanics applying for the position of Police Officer. I always understood math to be a pure...

Statistics and biased quotas [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I'm graded at my job by how much I sell in seven categories. We lose points when we miss quota, and gain points when we beat quota, weekly. My scores fluctuate wildly, because I'm part-time and only make 20 sales a week, where full-timers make 200 or so sales per week. So, my bosses...

View more questions Search