Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulinekim66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Dailup modems
    I have a dailup modem in my computer but I don't have the disk to install it & don't know the brand to download to install how can I fix this issue with out buying new modem
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 02:32 PM

Do you have a drivers disk that came with your computer? The driver is usually on there.

What brand and model is your computer? Sometimes the manufacturer's site has drivers for their computers.

If it's a stand-alone card, you can open the computer, remove the card, and usually read some information off the card. That can be used to identify it.

Once you have identified the modem, you can almost always download drivers for them without charge.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 4, 2009, 12:35 AM

Make sure you know what the make and model number is (look on the card) and go to driverguide.com to get the driver. The manufacturer may also have a website for that purpose. Some of the older ones will not have a manufacturer's website with drivers on it. I have done this many times myself, driverguide.com is great for this kind of stuff.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 4, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Simple question.
    As you are on broadband do you actually need to use this dial up modem ?

If they answer is no then there's really no need to reinstall it..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dailup confusion [ 2 Answers ]

I am using the dailup service. I am able to get online on the peak time but I am not able to go online when it tries to connect in the normal hours. Had querry the modem getting a good response but still not abl eto go online. No splitter no electronic device, but still getting the samemessage...

Dailup modem`s [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Direct Hit... What should be the ip address for the dailup modem`s? If there is no ip address assigned then what should be the troubleshooting step`s taken? But first I am confused whether the dailup modem really req a ipaddress. Let me know the correct ans. Thank`s

Dailup with jack [ 1 Answers ]

hi everbody.... just know i purchased a brand new laptok.... it get`s connected at one phone jack howver when try to connect upstair`s it don`t.... have checked the phone jack.... but no result.... help

Dailup connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am using the dialup service with windows XP... The dailer dail`s out the connection... however I am not able to get online... Have optimised the browser IE 7... Have disabled the firwall, antivirus software but still I am not able to get online... suggest some solution

View more questions Search