Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vest6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Transaxle lubricants
    I have a ford yt16 Lawn tractor. I have repaired the transaxle but I'm not sure what to use as a lubricant. Some say grease and others say 120W gear oil. What should I use ?
    Thank you.:confused:
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 11:28 AM

Hi,
    Both are correct depending on the make and model of transaxle. It is either Peerless or Spicer, probably. On Peerless there is tag near the brake, on Spicer a family number is often cast into the housing.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS Someone else made the machine for Ford.
    vest6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 06:48 AM

Thanks cribly. It is a peerless tranaxle. I found the tag. My machine performs like new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot taurus transaxle [ 1 Answers ]

From time to time my wife's car will drop a couple of ounces of tranny fluid on the garage floor when she comes home. I check the fluid level and it only seems to be down that little bit (I don't think it's leaking going down the road, only when she stops.) Now a warning light has been coming on,...

Contaminants in lubricants [ 1 Answers ]

In pure lubricants, current is not being conducted. What impurity should be added to the pure lubriant to make it conduct current and what amount of that impurity should be added to what amount of lubricant?

Synthetic lubricants vs. Petroleum base lubricants in a passenger car [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter and Son-in-Law just purchased a nice used car with approximately 25,000 miles. The question- is there any benefit in using synthetic lubricants over Petroleum base lubricants in the crankcase? The vehicle is serviced every 3 to 4K miles with both oil and filter. When does it become...

View more questions Search