Jul 3, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Tecnis eye implants
    Am I a candidate for tecnis eye implants if I have lazy eye
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fed usa View Post
    am i a candidate for tecnis eye implants if i have lazy eye
    There is surgery for lazy eye. If you have not had it, then you should visit your doctor for a referral to see if it is possible for your situation. Technis eye implants are for people with cataracts on their eyes, an entirely different condition then lazy eye which involves the muscles on each side or just one side, the eyeball.

Tick
    fed usa Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 11:07 AM
    Lazy eye and cataracts
    What if I have lazy eye and cataracts?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 03:47 PM

What if? What's your question? Are you asking of the health risks? Are you asking how to correct each one? What's the question? When was your last eye exam? How old are you?

Jul 4, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Tecnis implants
    If I have lazy eye and cataracts am I a candidate for tecnis implants?
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 10:56 AM

You did not read my response to your first post. No you are not a candidate for Tecnis. Tecnis are for cataracts, not lazy eye. You will have to pursue a referral from your regular physican to an ophthamologist who will find this surgery for you, if you qualify.

Tick

Jul 4, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Tecnis implants
    I just had tecnis implants and they did not work. I assumed the doctor knew I had lazy eye also. Is that why the surgery did not work. My sight is worse in the eye.
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 01:46 PM
    I just had tecnis implants and they did not work. I assumed the doctor knew i had lazy eye also. Is that why the surgery did not work. My sight is worse in the eye.
    Okay, my friend, how old are you and do you have cataracts ? Is that why your doctor did the surgery. It is for cataracts, as I said. Any problems you have with this should be addressed with your physicians. Questions, questions, questions, always do that and then you will be informed, and quite possible make an informed decision with your medical issues.

Tick

Jul 4, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Tecnis implants
    I'm 52 and do have cataracts. The surgery was perfomed to remove the cataracts and improve my sight. A few days after surgery my doctor seemed perplexed and said"that was never a lazy eye was it?" I said yes and asked him if my sight would still return. He seemed not to know and cancelled the surgery for my other eye next week. I'm just wondering if I'll get any sight back.
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 01:59 PM

Please stop posting new questions fed usa. Do you not know how to answer a post??

Why didn't you say you HAVE CATARACTS IN YOUR FIRST TWO POSTS!!

Go to another ophthalmologist if you are not happy and get a second option. We can't tell you if you will get y our sight back.

Are your diabetic, by the way ?

Ms tickle

And please just respond under this response

Jul 4, 2009, 02:03 PM
    I'm new to this web site. Sorry and I'm not diabetic.
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 02:54 PM
    i'm new to this web site. Sorry and i'm not diabetic.
    Now you are getting the hang of it ! Good, not diabetic ! So are your questions answered. Go see a doctor for a second opinion.

Kindest regards

Ms tickle
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 05:12 PM

<Threads merged>

Please only ask your question once, it will get answered. I promise.

A surgeon would notice a lazy eye, and whether it would interfere with the surgery. If you are not satisfied with the results, go back to the doctor who performed the surgery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast implants after mastectomy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm 33 years old and was diagnosed with breast cancer 1 1/2 yrs ago. I've had a full mastectomy and hysterectomy. My doctor told me that in about a year it would be safe to have breast implants done (I don't know if this is the correct term for it). I've read that more than one operation...

Pregnancy & Breast Implants [ 2 Answers ]

I have breast implants and I was wondering if having implants would cause me not to feel the soreness or tenderness in my breast if I am pregnant? My implants a fairly new so they are still a bit tender. Also, if Iam pregnant does that effect breastfeeding?

Brest implants [ 4 Answers ]

I'm thinking about getting implants. I'm currently a 36c and would like to go to a 36d, however I'm very scard that I will not wake up from the surgery. Has anyone out there went through with the surgery even though they were scared to death? If so are you happy with the results?

Dental implants [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can tooth implants be done at anytime or this has to be done soon after extraction. Is this something I can do later on because I don't believe I want the tooth bridge thing. Thanks

Partial or implants [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a lot of dental work done from neglecting dental appointments. My work is all done except for 3 missing bottom molars. For implants and crown, It will cost me around 7000.00. Or for around 2500.00, I could get a bottom partial with 2 back molars on one side, and one back molar on...

View more questions Search