Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastrd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Is there any benefit from tonic water
    Is there any benefit to taking tonic water for your leg cramps?
    BonniePharmD Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2006, 01:18 PM
    True tonic water contains small amounts of quinine, which has skeletal muscle relaxant properties. I believe Canada Dry still makes a true tonic water.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2006, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrd
    Is there any benefit to taking tonic water for your leg cramps?
    Tonic water is flovored with sugar, sometimes fruit extracts and quinine, it has no real medical benefits, mainly developed for mixing with drinks. It will increase circulation, that's about it>:o
    basketcaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 03:37 PM
    Tonic water with quinine was developed to help treat malaria and reduce the symptoms of malaria. It tasted very bitter and was often diluted with gin which is how the drink gin and tonic came to be. Tonic water now does not contain enough quinine to help with malaria and a synthetic prescription would be the best course of action along with antibiotics. Since then tonic water has had citrus and sugar added for taste which makes it high in carbohydrates; a diet tonic water is available. Quinine does have muscle relaxing qualities and I do have a friend that says it helps her leg cramps. Be warned that it can cause blood clots and may not be the best choice as a treatment for leg cramps. I would ask my doctor before using it as a treatment to get the latest information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Benefit of Scholarship for international students [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please give me some points how do international students get benefited by an scholarship?

Any benefit from Removing Hardware ? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I just got delivered a new Destop Dell Dimension 9150 PC, with among other thing an IEEE Firewire 1394 PCI card & 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem card which I don’t need at all. My question is : if I de-install properly theses cards “drivers etc ” and remove the cards, will the PC benefit even ...

Benefit entitlement [ 1 Answers ]

Q 1. are you entitled to any benefits or pensions after being bankrupt? Q 2.can you open a basic bank account after being bankrupt? Q 3. are all the debts cleared after being bankrupt even if the debts are extremely high altogether? Would you be allowed to use a family members bank account...

View more questions Search