Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guffey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 08:56 PM
    Merchant card readers
    Is there a charge for the use of a merchant card reader if no finances are exchanged? I want to scan a card with magnetic strip on the back and scan it on the machine. I would like the card to be programed to connect to my server, exchange information and interact with my POS. Is this possible and what charges would I run across other than paying a fortune for a code writer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2006, 05:20 AM
    Most merchant card readers are leased on a monthly basis. I don't believe there is a transaction charge for swiping, only if a charge is recorded.

You should be able to purchase a mag card reader to function as an input device. But I believe that you have to get credit card readers from the card issuer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseball card [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the value of a 1970 Nolan Ryan baseball card?

Choosing the Right Merchant Account [ 3 Answers ]

I'm opening up a small business and I want to know how to compare Merchant Accounts/Credit Card Processing companies. I want the best service, with the most reasonable rates, and a processor that is trustworthy and experienced. Please provide me with a comparison chart and any other pertinent...

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a credit card company offer to take a settlement of $4,700 on a debt of $29,000?

Why with all the readers they view but don't answer questions [ 7 Answers ]

Need to know why readers on askme only view requests and don't answer. Reni

Flash card readers [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I try to download the CD to my PC the support flie message error comes.What kind of support file am I missing? [email protected] ??

View more questions Search