Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JAZZI81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 04:21 AM
    I have been dating this guy since 2005 and I'm still very lonely?
    I met this guy in 2005 at the gym and when I met him he was kind and very attractive.I noticed that when I would come in to workout he would stare at me and I would glance back at him with sort of a bashful smile. One day he approached me and we started to converse he asked me out on a date and I agreed to go.well the date went great and we started to talk more,spend a little more time. About 1 year of friendship with him he started to change his ways. He became very irritated with small things, he would scream at me for absoutly no reason at all. Then one day at dinner he revealed to me that he had previously taken prozac because of his temper tantrums. Being the woman that I am I got over all the screaming and abuse and continued the relationship. It's 2009... nothing has changed! It's actually became worse. The other day he forced me to leave his home by pushing me out of the front door and yelling. He is very mean to me but I feel so lonely and depressed without him. I am really scared to leave in fear of not having anyone. I am 28 years of age and I feel more depressed then someone who has been married for 10 years and suddenly gets a divorce.. Give me any helpful tips and advice.. I really don't know what to do. Thanks:(
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 05:50 AM

He may have tantrum problems, but you have self-esteem and confidence problems, which can be worse.

Have more self-respect. You don't need to be in such a relationship. It's not healthy at all. Any objective person would tell you to break up.

It's always tough to break up, but it's time to move on to bigger and better things in life. You will find someone better. Have faith in yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 01:09 PM

Leave him alone and give yourself some time to recover from 3 years of wacky abusive treatment.

He was no good for you but now you can take your freedom and get your confidence back. Dependency on this nut case is not healthy and you must learn to do better for yourself.

He abused you and YOU could use some real help to get beyond it.
    babyshooter11 Posts: 84, Reputation: 5

Jul 6, 2009, 11:16 AM

Leave him. Everyone feels lonely at first when they take someone out of their lives but over time you get over it. Once you leave this guy you'll get a chance to meet other people maybe another person who doesn't throw temper tantrums.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Dating lots of people or dating only one? [ 17 Answers ]

Do you think you should multiple people at the same time or only one?

OPT-H1B, social security tax, medicare tax, undergrad (2001-2005), grad (2005-2007) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Could someone please advice my situation: I came to US under F1 visa to pursue undergrad from Fall 2001 - Spring 2005, then continue on grad school, under F1 again, from Fall 2005-Winter 2007. I begin my first job under OPT from January 2008 - October 2008, and continue the same job...

View more questions Search