Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Requesting Cld CA tax returns
    Hi,

Question 1:
    Is it too late for me to request my 2001 and 2004 CA tax returns?
    If no, how?

Question 2:
    Do I need my state tax returns for my future Green Card application?

Please help. Thank you!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 09:08 AM
    1) It is NOT too late; most states retain tax returns for AT LEAST ten years and many hold them indefinitely on microfiche. Contact the California Franchise Board via their website.

2) To my knowledge, the United States Customs and Immigration Service do NOT ask abot the state tax returns. They only inquire about the federal tax returns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Requesting a new judge [ 12 Answers ]

How can a plaintiff request a new judge when she feels as though the judge is repeatedly swaying the other way. She is a single mother, has two jobs, and is in college. She came to me for advice. Tuesday was her court day. The father failed FOUR drug analysis tests and had owed her over $2500...

Requesting a 1099 for LLC with a W-9 [ 2 Answers ]

I am an independent contractor, operating as an LLC (disregarded entity), and have requested a client to provide me with a 1099-Misc. they replied that Corporations do not get a 1099. I've explained that as an LLC, I've received nonemployee remuneration in the form of fees, and I am liable for...

Requesting repairs [ 3 Answers ]

I have been renting a townhouse for 3 years. My Air conditioner broke in mid April I attempted to contact my out of state landlord, asking it please be repaired or That I was willing to have it fixed and deduct the amount from the upcoming MAy rent. This was sent in a form of email, She contacted...

Requesting assistance [ 2 Answers ]

My citibank account got turned over to a attorney collection agency, so I agreed to pay $300 then 5/07 the account was sold to another attorney collection agency, and I lost my good paying job. So I was sending $150 and now due to unforseen circumstances I am paying $80-95 per month. I received a...

Can you file joint Federal returns and separate State Tax Returns [ 1 Answers ]

We lived in different cities so can we file joint federal returns and separate state returns??

View more questions Search