Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Oct 14, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Newspaper Ads
    Is it okay to put the owner of a business owners' name on the ad? If you are looking for info from the public, can you place an ad requesting info for "John Doe" who works in cement or such and place the ad in the newspaper under the appropriate section such as construction?? If you have the contract signed by said "John Doe" is it legal to post that in the newspaper under an ad?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2006, 08:20 PM
    Hello Ace:

Sure. The only thing you can't do in print, is lie. The newspaper can refuse, though.

The fact that you have a contract with him wouldn't matter.

excon
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Oct 15, 2006, 07:53 PM
    Hi Excon, love the pic by the way; "can't do in print, is lie." Knew I couldn't lie, but what about the truth? Is is okay to publish "truth" anymore?? I have a contract signed and in my hands with details about required work. Can it be posted? But your point about the newspaper refusing is valid, which is why I have been attempting to query "the experts". Before trying the ads route. Thanks for all your info. It is greatly helpful. Ace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newspaper ad to show not responsible for bills [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his lady have separated. They had a joint account at a Credit Union which they used to buy a couch. When they separated, she stated she would keep the couch And simply make those payments. She did not and now The Credit Union wants my son to make the payments. I Have heard one can...

Using Tape To Hold Newspaper On Car While Spraying Products Etc> Re: Rust Work [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to save some money, and would like to know if I need to purchase a "specific tape" or can I use any type of tape? It would be used to hold newspaper on my car, to cover up the places that I do not want my Son to get any Rust stop product, primer, body filler etc. on by accident. I...

1930s Chicago Newspaper Writer... [ 1 Answers ]

I am searching for the name of a 1930s Chicago Newspaper Writer with the last name beginning with "P".. he was known to be quite arrogant.. ring any bells? Thanks!

Unwanted ads [ 4 Answers ]

I've been getting these annoying ads that appear on my desktop from a "Messenger Service" from a certain IP address to my IP address. How do I block these ads or get the sender to cease from sending them to my computer? Needless to say, I contacted the sender to no avail. TIA, Ombowstring

View more questions Search