Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojo55 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 01:10 PM
    A/C pipes - covered?
    We purchased a condo a few years ago and ever since we have had problems with the A/C.
    Every few month the unit runs out of freon. First they found a leak in the unit inside, after this was fixed they found another leak outside. Now there still seems to be a 3rd leak - after lots of tests done and lots of money spend. They suspect this leak to be in the coper piping underneath the condo building and they will need to run a new line up the side of the building into our 3rd floor unit. The estimate is $1800. Any chance this is covered by insurance? I'm guessing our insurance for the unit won't cover it but what about the condominiums master policy?
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Jul 2, 2009, 02:06 PM

Sorry but I have never heard of this being covered...
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 06:17 PM

This is not a loss that would be covered by either policy.

This falls under regular maintenance. As a homeowner, you are responsible for the upkeep of your home. The master policy covers outside structures and your personal homeowner's policy covers from the walls inward. And then only sudden losses are covered.

If you'd purchased a homeowner's warranty, the a/c unit may be covered under that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water pipes knocking on upper floor, after pipes burst [ 7 Answers ]

Hi - recently, my water pipes froze and burst, flooding my basement. I've had the pipes repaired. Now, when I turn on the hot water in my upstairs (2nd floor) sink, there's a knocking/clunking after I turn the hot water off. Its only the hot water (doesn't do it with cold water). When I...

Covered patio [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wanting to do a covered area of around part of my pool for sometime now. My backyard is quite small - the pool deck starts at the house and ends at the back fence. This will require me to put my posts on my pool deck. It is a cool deck (I think that's the right kind), it looks kind...

Frozen pipes - detecting burst pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Cold side of the kitchen faucet was frozen this a.m. Trickle returned this evening, followed by an immediate drop in hot faucet pressure - then some brownish water - the brownish water lasted 20 seconds - but the pressure is still low 1/3 pressure now and can get both some hot and some cold Have...

What is it, and why is it covered? [ 28 Answers ]

For the past couple of years now of walking my dog around the neighborhood, I can't help but wonder what is this upside down U-shaped tube thing in everybody's yard. It is wrapped sometimes with what looks like a black garbage bag and some are wrapped with a thick tape. What is this thing?...

View more questions Search