Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kodiak5768 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 01:09 PM
    How to change a PTO belt on Craftsman ZTS7500
    Help!! I can't figure out how to change the PTO belt (the one that engages the back tires) on my zero-turn 7500 craftsman mower.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 04:01 PM

Hi,
    Those are new models. I have only seen them on the sales floor. Got a model number?
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Kodiak5768 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Model number 107.277740
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Hi,
    Well, that is a new vendor number!
    The parts breakdown is at Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com and three manuals at Home Improvement Projects, Product Manuals & Home Management Tools - Managemyhome.com though I think I would probably settle for the one in the middle of the list.
    It is probably a job for four hands in places. One set of hands to pull a length of rope attached to the idler arm and the other set of hands to put and keep the belt in place.
    I say this because the spring on the idler is bond to be "stout." This may not be obvious to anyone not used to working with belts but as the picture shows; the sheave on the right hand transmission (left hand on the actual machine) wraps less half way around. A strong spring would be required to prevent slippage. The belt will fall off if not held in place, or would not stay on the various sheaves.
    The deck belt must be removed first to gain access, and of course reinstalled after.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

bpace07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 01:14 PM
    You must remove the PTO clutch, 1 bolt. 1 wire connector.
    Remove mower deck first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change the drive belt on a 18.5 HP Craftsman lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

My problem is after getting the new belt over the pulley on the transaxle the instructions say to pull belt forward and place over the upper pulley on the motor. The problem is that the pully for the mower belt that is at the bottom of the drive shaft is much larger diameter than the drive belt...

How do I change a 42" Craftsman Lawnmower Belt [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change a 42" Craftsman Lawm Ower Belt.

How to change drive belt for craftsman riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 horse power/ 44" craftwman mower 917.255831 Can someone tell me how to install the drive belt on this? Anyone have a diagram? Thanks much Allan

How do I change a drive belt on an 03 9hp craftsman rider [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled on how to change my drive belt that seems to be at the very top of all the pulleys. Model #247270200. The belt will slip off ever so often. Any info would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Need to change belt on Craftsman rider [ 1 Answers ]

I need help changing a belt on my Craftsman riding lawn mower.The belt that drives the blades.Ive tried many times and for some reason cannot do it! HELP ME!

View more questions Search