Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Difference in Paint
    What is the difference between a $14 gallon of paint and a $30 gallon of paint.

Aside from $16 that is. :)

Discounting designer textures and the sort, is there a real difference in the qualities of paint enough to make one worth spending twice as much on?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 11:51 AM

It usually boils down to coverage, a more expensive paint will have more pigment rather than carrier so it hides better with one coat. I would be suspicious of a $14 gallon of paint. Benjamin Moore paint is my personal favorite and it runs $35 per gallon.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 09:17 AM

Thanks Steve, you will enjoy reading this. Is Walmart Paint Quality Paint? Looks like Walmart paint is thin Sherwin Williams paint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the name of that paint? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of that white paint that when applied it is a color and then as it dries it turns white? Its for when you paint white on white.

Paint on top of paint [ 1 Answers ]

Well, here I am again. I am ready to paint my other walls. I want to use a paint that I can wash dirt off easily. I want to paint the walls white with red vertical stripes. The red paint I have is a satin latex. I know I need to prime first, but what kind of white paint can I use underneath...

I am a girl and have to figure out what paint and how to paint my barn? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so now that I have your attention.. I have a very old existing barn with not much paint on it. Who knows when and with what type of paint was used it is so weathered. I think I can just paint over it. In its condition I would have to sand it. The paint is not flaking it is just very weathered...

Paint a car [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to paint my car by myself. I have some questions 1. should I put primer cover the old paint before paint a new coat or just wash and sand out wax? 2. is it better if use sprayer gun than aerosol? 3. how to make the clear coat shinny and glossy as original...

What prep work is needed to change from oilbase paint to waterbase paint? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything I need to do to prep my kitchen from oilbase paint to water base paint ?

View more questions Search