Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louiseismyname Posts: 228, Reputation: 24

Jul 2, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Thats one good step that you took them off your facebook. You dont need to see it. Its not worth the hurt.
    How could someone who says they love you and would die for you treat you this way? I just don't understand? Do you think he doesn't love me? I know they say actions speak louder than words.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by louiseismyname View Post
    how could someone who says they love you and would die for you treat you this way? i just dont understand? do you think he doesnt love me? i know they say actions speak louder than words.
    If he loved you he would not treat you this way. He is a player, a user, a loser. Leading you on. Don't fall for it. They are just words. Actions do speak louder then words and he is acting like an arse. Your stepping in the right direction staying away from him.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 11:29 AM
    How old are you Louise?
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jul 2, 2009, 11:30 AM
    how could someone who says they love you and would die for you treat you this way? i just dont understand? do you think he doesnt love me? i know they say actions speak louder than words.
    You are asking the wrong questions.
    “Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.
    Anthony Robbins

Everything will change the only question is growing up or decaying.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 11:32 AM
    I think it was Churchill who once said "People often say what they mean, but rarely mean what they say".

Your ex is a case in point.

Jul 2, 2009, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    How old are you Louise?
    I'm 31 needkarma
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 11:40 AM
    im 31 needkarma
    31? For real? Your dealing with these childish games at 31? No offense please but I was thinking much younger. Leave him to his immaturity. You don't need that. Move on and find a man that can treat you like a woman and not a school girl. A man who knows what a relationship is.

Jul 2, 2009, 11:42 AM
    31? For real? Your dealing with these childish games at 31? No offense please but I was thinking much younger. Leave him to his immaturity. You dont need that. Move on and find a man that can treat you like a woman and not a school girl. A man who knows what a relationship is.
    Sunflower thanks for the advice, I'm not moping around after this guy, I have my own house, a degree as well as a Masters. The ex lives at home at aged 30 (need I say more really!! ) I've got a good job, lots of friends the only thing that's screwing it up is the ex!! :(:(:(
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 11:46 AM
    sunflower thanks for the advice, im not moping around after this guy, i have my own house, a degree as well as a Masters. The ex lives at home at aged 30 (need i say more really!!!) ive got a good job, lots of friends the only thing thats screwing it up is the ex !!!!! :(:(:(
    If he's the only screwed up part of your life, then get rid of him. Block him out of your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 11:53 AM
    He has told my friend that he enjoys playing mind games and that he is good at it, I personally don't know what kind of person admits to that and is proud of that fact.
    A dirty lowdown rat that likes to torture people.

I agree with the others, you need to erase him from your life. Totally ignore the fool.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 11:55 AM
    sunflower thanks for the advice, im not moping around after this guy, i have my own house, a degree as well as a Masters. The ex lives at home at aged 30 (need i say more really!!!) ive got a good job, lots of friends the only thing thats screwing it up is the ex !!!!! :(:(:(
    No no no no, the ex isn't screwing it up. He is screwing it up. You sound like you have your life together. Snap out of his little game and find someone on the same level as you.

Jul 2, 2009, 11:59 AM

Is it possible to love someone so much but know that you will never be together because of there lies?
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jul 2, 2009, 12:02 PM
    is it possible to love someone so much but know that you will never be together because of there lies?
    There are endless possibilites if you act instead of react, every time he reaches out to you stop reacting, and start acting to not put yourself in an emotional rollercoaster.

Love him from a distant.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 12:07 PM
    is it possible to love someone so much but know that you will never be together because of there lies?
    You seem so insecure right now. Your emotionally dependent on him and its draining you. You need to have NC and stick it out.
    57373 Posts: 95, Reputation: 8

Jul 2, 2009, 12:41 PM

Do yourself a favor,and when it gets hard,think of the girl he slept with,then came running to you after.

That is very F*** up.

And I've been in that position,but didn't realize it until after.

If he can do it to her,he can do it to you,how do you know you're the only one he ~loves~?

Get in contact with her if you need some support.

Get over the idle jealousy and lean on someone who understands (if possible)
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 12:56 PM
    If you do contact her for any reason, do it for your own closure and nothing else.

Jul 3, 2009, 09:22 AM
    If you do contact her for any reason, do it for your own closure and nothing else.
    If I'm truthful I don't want to go and tell the girl about the lying scumbag she is with, he will think that I care enough to go and find her if I do!!
    Its day 4 of no contact, its really really hard, but when I'm down I think of the time he slept with the girl he told me he was just mates with and I know I can do better than to be with someone like that.
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Jul 3, 2009, 03:24 PM

Louise think more of yourself than that. Who care who he sleeps with and who cares what he does. Forget him, your setting yourself up for hardache. You don't need this guy. He's a dishonest and he isn't worth your time.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 12:19 AM
    I would ask why you continue to 'love' someone that is clearly toxic and that consistently lies to you?

You sound as if some of your life is healthy and stable - you're an adult, not a teenager - so what is it about your connection to this person that keeps you in such pain and angst?

In your heart you know he's not worth your thoughts, time and affection. In your heart you know that even if you had him he wouldn't be trustworthy - why do you continue to obsess about him?

He's proven time after time that he's not to be trusted, he lies and he cheats - yet you still yearn for him. Why? What is it within you that keeps you connected to him?

Think a little more deeply about your motivation in staying connected to this person after such a long time. What is it within you that seeks this distress? If you can find the answer you may find it easier to literally erase him from your thoughts and your life.

Jul 4, 2009, 01:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    I would ask why you continue to 'love' someone that is clearly toxic and that consistently lies to you?

You sound as if some of your life is healthy and stable - you're an adult, not a teenager - so what is it about your connection to this person that keeps you in such pain and angst?

In your heart you know he's not worth your thoughts, time and affection. In your heart you know that even if you had him he wouldn't be trustworthy - why do you continue to obsess about him?

He's proven time after time that he's not to be trusted, he lies and he cheats - yet you still yearn for him. Why? What is it within you that keeps you connected to him?

Think a little more deeply about your motivation in staying connected to this person after such a long time. What is it within you that seeks this distress? If you can find the answer you may find it easier to literally erase him from your thoughts and your life.
    I thought id give you all an update (I hope you don't mind). Its day 5 of no contact now, its been a lot easier than the previous times of NC as I think this time the nature of how he treats me has really hit home. Im not a little teenager that thinks I deserve this treatment, I'm a grown woman with my own house, nice car, good kob and lots of friends that knows she deserves better. But when he texts I go all weak and tell him that I love him too?? Im trying to be strong this time, I'm not even bothered anymore about him being with someone (at one point in time that thought would have killed my heart) so does this mean that I'm starting to heal and move on??

Im not sat around waiting for him, I'm living my life to the full, id never put my life on hold for anyone. Its like someone commented on here and I've said myself before, even if I did get back together with him (which won't happen) id just be constantley looking over my shoulder and wondering what lies he was telling me and that's not a healthy adult relationship. So why do I yern for him? Ive not got sky high confidence but then again my confidence is not that low, if I could understand why I yern for a guy that is no good for me then maybe I could snap out of this situation.

Any ideas of why I yern for this bad guy would be appreciated, that's for keeping with this thread, I really appreciate all your help and advice

Louise xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What To Do About The Lies [ 18 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 14 years and never in that time had I ever looked at his cellphone or the numbers on the bill. I woke up one day and something told me to check. I did and found he had other women in his contact list. He had been a manager at an automotive retail store and...

Why does he always lie to me ? He lies about everything [ 20 Answers ]

I just don't know where to start, il try and get the most important bits out. I went out with my ex boyfriend for a couple of months before he said that he couldn't give me the 100% that I deserved and that he still loved me etc etc. His friends warned me at the beginning of the relationship that...

Lies.. lies.. lies.. [ 14 Answers ]

I Have Been Married 5ys Now (together Scents 1995) We Are In The Early 30's And Have 3 Kids.(one Mine 2 Ours) There Are Many Problems In Our Relationship... mainly He Lies! Im Talking Lies To Lie. No Matter He Just Lies. Often I Think Hes Doing It To Bother Me, But At Other Times It's the First...

Lies? [ 11 Answers ]

hey =D really random question guys, as you know everyone lies to their parents now and again, but lately I have been feeling bad about it, I was thinking, because when they die, can they find everything out that you have lied about.. and do they hate you? kitty xxx

Lies and The End? [ 42 Answers ]

Hello. Happy Holidays to all. I found out that my ex is in another relationship. She said that she didn't want a relationship with anyone when she left me, but I didn't believe her. I guess I was right. She probably said this because she "didn't want to hurt me". Fission Mailed. I'm not as...

View more questions Search