Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ekrao Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 07:08 AM
    Purchase of Inventory - Accounting Impact in Trading A/c , B/sheet & Trial Balance
    Hi,

I just wanted to know the Accounting entries for Puchase of Inventory(CellPhones)

Example: take a Item as "CellPhone" each costs 1000/- from xyz ltd
    i.e 10 x1000= 10,000

1. While we puchase the Material - CellPhones

Purchase of A/c Dr. 10,000
    To xyz ltd a/c 10,000

Impact in Trading Account , Profit and Loss A/c, Balance Sheet and Trial Balance

Can you explain it... please

Thanks
    E.Koteswara Rao
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Jul 3, 2009, 11:25 PM

The purchase of cell phones will be treated as an inventory until sold. At the end of a period, you will determine the cost of unsold items and calculate ending inventory, deduct it from purchases to determine cost of goods sold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing is, re and balance sheet from Trial balance adjustement sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to do my income statement, retained earnings and balance sheet from my adjusted trial balance sheet. I am confused from my book about the debits and credits. When I transfer them over from the adjusted sheet. Do they stay on the same sides. For example: assests will be on the...

Closing Stock in Balance Sheet as Well As in Trading Account [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, While finalizing the annual accounts we show the closing stock in our trading account while inventory is the part of current assets so we are also showing the inventory in our balance sheet. But question is that inventory should come only in balance sheet not in trading account...

Trial balance of John Trading [ 1 Answers ]

My question is 1) The trial balance of John Trading, dated 31 December 2006, failed to agree an excess of debit over credit balance of RM2724. This amount was entered in suspense account and despite this difference, the final accounts were prepared. This resulted in a profit of RM15000 being...

How to record partners'current acounts in the trial balance and balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Two persons started their own business with the amount of dhs 175000 paid by one of them who doesn't work in the company . And the other one work in the company as a general manger .Considering the money as a loan to be paid back to the partner within 18 months, when their first financial...

Closing stock in trading account and balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Why Should Closing stock appear in trading account and balance sheet ? Is this the only double entry?

View more questions Search