Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 03:32 AM
    Angry at pediatrician!
    My son Danny is six years old. On June 17 I pulled a deer tick off him. On July 1 he developed a large rash with no central clearing with many papules inside the rash. He also had knee pain last week and felt warm. Took him to the pediatrician yesterday. Said it is not lyme. He is nuts. Here are my facts and if you can assist in a confirmation It would help me feel that I am not crazy. I know you can't diagnose him but you can give me peace of mind so when I rip his heart out of his chest I will have peace of mind that he deserved it.

1. tick removed on 6/17/09
    2. complained of severe knee pain on 6/24/09
    3. rash develops on site (no central clearing) 7/1/09
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 04:07 AM

Lyme disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you read up on lyme disease? What does the rash look like? Does it look like in the picture? Also what area do you live in? Some areas are more susceptible to lyme disease than others.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 04:12 AM

The rash is on the site of the bite. It has no central clearing and according to the CDC it does not need central clearing
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 04:19 AM

I'd take him to another doctor for a second opinion to be on the safe side. Like I said, it's more common in some regions than others. Maybe because you're in an area where it's uncommon your doctor ruled it out. Not that that's a good idea, but that could be the case. Our vet didn't want to give our dog the lyme disease vaccine because "there is no lyme disease around here." I told him to give it to her anyway. I'm not taking any chances.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 04:24 AM

Im in NY lower hudson valley region. Otherwise known as tick haven.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 04:26 AM

Yeah, I'd take him to a different doctor for a second opinion.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 11:05 AM

Thank you ZoeMarie . Any Other opinions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I not angry at her? [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancée told me in April that she is having feelings for another guy. Who (she later told me) proposed to her in January. They both work together whereas I could meet her only during weekends. This distance increased further when I had to travel to Swiss for a couple of months. After that it all...

Angry Mom [ 5 Answers ]

My name is Misty I live in Indiana, and my question is If my daughters father came into her life when she was six, let the state without informing me or the courts, pays child support because its garnished now, but is gone for 3 1/2 -4 years and now thinks he can take me to court for visitations....

Pediatrician Consultation: What to do? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, here's the deal. I have set up a pediatrician consultation for next Friday with a recommended doc but I'm a little bit nervous about it. I plan on going in with a pad of paper with ready to ask questions but I don't want to seem like I'm drilling her or for it to be awkward. Has anyone...

How to start as a pediatrician [ 4 Answers ]

I want to become a Pediatrician but I have no clue where to start! Can anyone help me out on this?

Email Address of an Pediatrician [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know where I can find a pediatrician's or any other doctor's email address so I can do an interview for my biology class?

View more questions Search