Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    conce osborne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 07:40 PM
    I applied for a fha loan and was pre-approved and now they say I have to pay my bankr
    Can I borrow enough money to pay my bankruphcy off I've been approved for a loan to buy the house I rent
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 08:25 PM

If they are saying you have to pay your bankruptcy off to get the loan then I would guess they would tell you the same thing if you try and borrow money for the bankruptcy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 08:50 PM

First you don't pay bankruptcy off, a bankrutpcy is a discharge of either part ( chapter 13) or all ( chapter 7) of your debts.

If you are in a chapter 13, you can not by law borrow any money for any purpose without the approval of the bankruptcy trustee.
    So if you are still in ( making payments) on the chapter 13, you could or should not have even applied for a house loan without approval of the court.

Also you can't borrow money to pay it off, first since the court would not allow it, and because it is based on income to debt guidelines that are to be followed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean when an approved loan is Terminated? [ 1 Answers ]

If a consumer has been approved for a Signature and a Secured Loan several months ago, and you receive a letter from the Lender that states your loan is Terminated, what does that mean?

Applied for COS F2 to F1, H4 approved. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have applied for change of status from f2 to f1 to start full time studies from end of Sept, but I am worried if I will get the approval on time. I got approval for H4 which is to start on Oct1st. In case I don't get the f1 approval on time will I be eligible to start school from end of...

Getting approved for an auto loan? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking into getting my first car, and my parents are taking out a loan from the bank so that I don't have to make car payments (my insurance is high enough as is, being a new driver). I was wondering how long it typically takes to be approved or denied? They have pretty good credit and own a...

Can the bank pull out of an Agreement 4 A car loan a month after I was approved? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the Statute of Limitations on a new car loan? Can the bank pull out of an agreement for a car because they simply "changed their mind," after I've had the car for a whole month? Can they solicite more money from me in order for me to keep the car? Can they reposes the car if I haven't...

View more questions Search