Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anderson_13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 07:28 PM
    How much should I charge to paint (no trim) per room?
    I'm painting my aunt's house. She wants to pay per square foot opposed to hourly. So I have the skills but zero business sense. I've never worked for myself besides favors and small T&M jobs. I'm not interested in starting my own business so any advice would help. This is cut and roll. Nail pops. And plenty of dings. Figuring a half day of prep for two bedrooms and a large bonus room and hall. No casings. No doors. No sashes. Just walls.

When getting the sq. ft. of a room do I just go L x W = total? Of the room

Or is it per wall? Plus ceiling?

then add each wall plus ceiling?

I'm lost.

charge per sq. ft also??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 11:55 AM

Hi, Anderson_13!

Are all of the surface areas perfectly flat and who will be supplying the paint, please?

Also, how long do you think that it will take you to do the patching that you'll need to do?

Thanks!
    Anderson_13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 03:18 PM

My Aunt's buying the paint, I'm buying all my sundries. Because she doesn't know what I'll need. All the walls are flat minus one skylight that's strangly shaped 5' - 7' deep. I have two walls that dive into a stair well.

I think the prep and patching will take a day maybe half. Upon further investigation there are only a few nail pops. Which will be my deepest fills

I figure it'll take me a couple weeks solo from start to finish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Much to Charge to Paint Interior Trim [ 2 Answers ]

How much do I charge to paint interior trim? How much a liner foot for the labor of painting trim? How much to charge for labor to paint interior trim

Eagle Project - Re-painting a locker room that has oil based paint [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on my Eagle Project for Boy Scouts and part of my project is re-painting the boys locker room in my school. It currently has oil-based paint on the walls. I would like to use Latex paint for the ease of use and clean up but am unsure of the process for painting over oil based paint. ...

Can you spray paint trim on your house? [ 1 Answers ]

I hope this isn't a stupid question. I have noticed in the past when I have painted the trim on the windows that it doesn't last as long as it should, even though I sand, prime and paint with high-quality paint. I thought maybe a spray paint designed for outdoor use might last longer. Has...

Need a faster way to paint baseboards and trim [ 6 Answers ]

I do not like the time involved at using "miles" of painter's masking tape to cover walls when painting trim and especially baseboards. Yet, I like a "razor" sharp line to demarcate the two areas. What are some easier, faster methods? Use of a barrier? Just be steady with a good brush and cut in...

View more questions Search