Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Losing weight too fast?
    I have decided to change my diet and make it healthier and also do more exercise to help me loose a little weight.
    I am in no rush what so ever to loose weight fast, I'd like to do it slow and healthy so it will be easier for me to maintain.
    I started last Wednesday and weighed myself at 9pm. I weighed myself with no clothes on, 3 hours after my tea and placed the scales in a bathroom tile square. The scales weighed me at 192lbs.
    Over the week I eat healthy each morning, noon and night, did a few exercises and drank at least 1.5 - 2liters of water a day.
    I have just weighed myself tonight. I weighed myself with no clothes on, 3 hours after my tea and in the same little square as last time. The scales weighed me at 185.2lbs
    First though... are the scales broken?
    I checked again.
    185.2lbs...
    Should I be worried I am losing weight too fast?
    I know its normal to lose more in your first week but just under 7lbs it Way too much isn't it?
    Is there anything I can do to slow it down, make it even more healthier, if that's possible?
    Do I need to see a doctor?
    Or am I fussing over nothing?
    Any help is appreciated =]
    Rebecca
    x
    TheClimateGuy Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 01:54 PM

After battling the bulge myself... I have done my research. One pound a week is a healthy rate to lose weight. Your weight can fluctuate greatly in one week. Your body can gain or lose up to 10 pounds of water in one week.. depending on the weather... your physical activity... eating/drinking habits, etc. I would keep going the way you are... eat healthy... drink lots of fluids... exercise... and only weigh yourself once a month. Otherwise you may get discouraged if you gain a pound or two of water in a week... or feel you're going to quickly if you lose too much. I wish you the best! Cheers!
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheClimateGuy View Post
    Your weight can fluctuate greatly in one week. Your body can gain or lose up to 10 pounds of water in one week..depending on the weather...your physical activity...eating/drinking habits, etc.
    It has been rather hot here all week (91°F/ 33°C) That is why I have trying to drink even more water than usual. Thanks for the advice on weighing every month.
    I shall give that a try :)
    R x
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 03:08 PM

Climate Guy is correct, it is normal to lose a lot of weight in the beginning of your weight loss journey. Do keep in mind there is going to be a point that you will plateau, which means you'll have to increase your cardio/ exercise.

You should see a doctor if your starting a weight loss regime; he would know what's best for you, especially if you are very overweight.

The best advice anyone can give you when it comes to eating is to add more fruits and veggies. These are the ultimate weight loss helpers. They give you energy, keep your metabolism going, help you become a healthier and stronger you.

Congratulations on your decision to become healthier.

Sarah
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 03:21 PM

For me in the beginning of trying to shed my weight,I lost a lot of weight quickly,then it evened out,and the scales stuck,then I would lose another few pounds.
    mudweiser made a good point in another thread about measuring inches instead of watching the scales.
    Congrats on becoming more healthy.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 03:24 PM
    You should pace yourself to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Any more than that is self-defeating and can be dangerous. Weigh yourself at the same time, using the same scale and wearing (or not wearing) then same thing each time. The important thing is consistency as this will give you a true picture of your weight change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my dog losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My dog is small its mix and it would not eat she is under like 13 pounds she would not eat her food I give her dog food and I give her human food she would sleep and day and not do that much she got all of her shoot I just don't know what to do so can you help me

Feel likeiam losing ground fast and I don't know what to do. [ 4 Answers ]

I am oxycontin addict have been for several years I am know suffering immensely from the use of those drugs no sleep, hives. Itch lost a ton of weigh, look puffy , just tired a lot. I keep thinking this is it, I have no one to help me I have friends but only for the dope. I do have 3 grown kids...

Losing weight [ 1 Answers ]

Is jogging or walking is a effective way to loose weight... :confused:

Losing weight. [ 4 Answers ]

My goal for the summer is to loose some weight before high school =]. But the problem is since that it is way to hot outside I don't seem to get to motivated to go outside and workout, or workout inside... So what I've been doing is not eating as much but sometimes I would sneek in a few junkies...

Losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

:( I'm a teenager but I'm kind of fat:( I want to loose weight how can I do that except taking all these pills and stuff cause I don't trust them ! I want to looze weight but I don't know a way Help me!! Xoxo

View more questions Search