Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baltic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 01:32 PM
    42inch LCD TV as computer monitor
    Can't get the TV to work.It has the inputs but says invalid format when in RGB (PC)
    TheClimateGuy Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 01:43 PM

What cables are you using to connect the laptop to the TV? It should be one of four cables... VGA, DVI, HDMI, or S-Video. If it is not one of these cables... that is most likely the problem. Your computer must also have a Video-out connected internally (for example... my laptop has S-Video out... but it isn't hooked up inside the computer... the port is there.. but it is useless - an option on my laptop I guess). So let me know what cables it is... what type of laptop... and what brand of TV. I can probably figure it out if I have more info. Cheers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer monitor as TV monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my desktop monitor with a larger, wide screen type. Is there a way I can use my old monitor (flat screen) as a television monitor? Is there a cable available to make the transition from a tuner or vcr to the monitor? Is there another device needed to make the transition? Thank...

Trying to use a computer monitor as a TV [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Samsung lcd monitor I would like to use as a TV there are rca and s video hook ups as well as a serial port. I am trying to find some sort of adapter to allow a connection from a regular coax cable. I tried an RF converter with no luck. Any sugestion? Thanks

Computer Monitor [ 4 Answers ]

My computer monitor, just over the last week, has developed faint grey lines that follow every line of text, image, or border. I don't know what has caused this, or what is causing this, and we bought a new monitor because of these lines, yet nothing has changed. Could you please tell me what is...

Computer monitor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my monitor is upside down. Please help!! Thanks When my computer starts up its fine but then when it gets to my page its upside down.

Computer monitor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my monitor is upside down. Please help!! Thanks

View more questions Search