Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    01hvan01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Water won't dispense on refrigerator
    I have a ge americana refrigerator and the water quit working. We still get ice. Why? Thanks
    TheClimateGuy Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 11:09 AM

Water dispensing fridges use a solenoid to activate the water dispensing. If the solenoid is faulty... the default will be no water. The ice uses a separate bypass valve... which is why you still have ice. Replace the solenoid. Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Refrigerator GSS25WGPD BB won't dispense water [ 2 Answers ]

GE Refrigerator model #GSS25WGPD BB won't dispense water.

Washer machine does not dispense dirty water [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Gang, I am having problems with a kenmore front door washer machine, it does not want to dispense dirty water, it just kip turning back and forward like washing but does not kick a final spin... help me if you know some... thanks guys.

Refrigerator makes ice. Does not dispense [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore Elite side by side refrigerator, cabinet depth.. Model 106.4442 600. Ice maker makes ice but dispenser does not dispense ice or water through the door. No lights are on the dispenser.

Fridge does not dispense cold water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE fridge (model GSH25JFRE) and the water from the dispenser will not get very cold. It is basically the same temperature as the water from the tap. I put a glass of water in the fridge overnight and checked the temperature against the temperature of the water out of the dispenser and...

View more questions Search