Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bex3131 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 01:14 AM
    Sanskrit Writing
    How do I spell my name Rebecca in Sanskrit, as I want it for my next tattoo. :o
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2009, 07:57 AM

Hi, bex3131!

I'm sorry that your question wasn't getting a response in the Writing forum topic area, so I've moved it to Languages where hopefully, you'll get a response from someone who knows how to do the translation correctly. It's my understanding, that the Experts that can help you the best with this, will need to know, from you, the exact phonetic pronunciation in order to be the most accurate. So, it would be helpful if you would provide it.

Thanks!
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 11:45 PM

Hi Rebecca:

This is what I have found for your name in Sanskrit:

रेबेका

However, this is a Hindi translation.
    Before you get mad at me for using the wrong language, let me explain. Sanskrit and Hindi use the same "letters" for the most part in their writing, and the pronunciation is the same.
    Therefore, when translating words, it is different for the two languages. However, when translating something that is universal (such as names), most of the time, Sanskrit and Hindi are the same thing.

Occasionally, they will be different, and I am not claiming this to be 100% sure. However, it is most likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit writing [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone help with writing the word "Rta" meaning; truth, natural order, or natural law? I have seen two very slight variations on this in the first half of the symbol representing the "R". Thanks. I am hoping to engrave this meaningful word into my wedding band.

Sanskrit writing [ 18 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know how to translate my daughters names into sanskrit Their names are Miana and Isabella Thank You

My name in Sanskrit writing ? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I Want to Know How My Name Would Be In Sanskrit Writing? (just Like Rihannas Tattoo But I Want to Write My Name) Hoda Merei Hope Someone Can Answer Me, Thanxx.

Sanskrit writing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I was wondering if anyone could tell me how my name would look in sanskrit? It is spelled Deborah Marie and pronounced like Deb-o-rah ma-ree

Sanskrit writing [ 2 Answers ]

How do I write my name Simran in sanskrit?

View more questions Search