Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3XaCharm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 12:13 AM
    Poor economy and constant worry
    My every thought during each day is consumed with worry. It takes forever to fall asleep at night.
    There is a brief moment of relief in the morning when I first open my eyes, but a second later, I remember who I am and the situation I'm in.

I lost my job, my and my children's health insurance, and now soon our home will be in foreclosure.
    I have 2 children, one is special needs. I came from nothing and worked hard independently to build and provide a happy, promising,
    Secure future for my children... and for me too. At least that's what I thought.

We are living on the last of my savings which is running out quickly.
    I have been desperately looking for a job but so have thousands of other people and I am
    Constantly losing available positions to more educated and experienced individuals.

I know I'm not the only one in this predicament, but I'm so worried and confused that this whole ordeal is making me mentally and physically sick.

Looking for support and advise to help me through this trying time.

Thank you.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 08:40 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, a similar thing happened to me recently but I do not have children to care for.

I don't know whether it will help in your situation but I bought myself a notepad and a pen and wrote down all my thoughts over a few days. No matter how small it was I wrote my feelings and concerns down.

I then went back and read the notes I had written and tried to come up with solutions.
    For me it helps to write everything down, trying to work everything out my head only made things a jumbled mess.

For things like money I made a list of things that could help us earn some extra cash as well as ways we could cut back on expenses. I kept that list and added to it every time I thought of something.

It only sounds small but knowing that I had it all written down did ease my thoughts a little and every time I came up with a small solution it seemed to give me a satifying feeling knowing I could cross something out of my notebook.

I'm more on the support side of things, I have only just bought my first home and have only recently had to deal with dramas like this, it's all new to me as well.
    3XaCharm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 09:51 PM

shazamataz, thank you very much for your response and suggestion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial Lease has us Rent Poor in this economy. What is at stake? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Day Spa in California. Since November 2008, I have been only able to pay partial rent each month due to the decline in our sales and our Business Line of Credit being suspended. Since the fall of 2008, we have been diligent every couple of weeks, asking the landlord and property manager...

How would you fix the economy? [ 11 Answers ]

How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this guy nailed it! Dear Mr. President, Please find below my suggestion for fixing America's economy. Instead

Constant worry and guilt [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Brenda and I have a question that I hope someone can give me an answer... my question is... I have constant worry and terrible guilt all the time over nothing.. I hope that made since... thank you for your time. ...

So how is the economy? [ 31 Answers ]

McCain was lambasted, lampooned and harpooned over saying the fundamentals of the economy were strong. Looks like Barney Frank agrees with him. Barney agrees with McCain on the economy, Biden agrees that McCain is more qualified to be president, just who is on Obama's side in his own party?...

Constant worry [ 22 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do to help relax? I am constantly worrying about things that I shouldn't even worry about. I just got married, everything is wonderful, but I worry about someday getting divorced. I sit there and try and plan what I would do if that would happen. I also worry about...

View more questions Search