Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzie-bby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 11:31 PM
    My Ex is confusing me.
    I was on a past relationship for a while... things weren't working out so "great" and I really had deep feelings for this guy, we always somehow made it through for a year and a half together. We were broken up for a while and he started to ignore me and didn't want even a simple friendship together. I got to admit I did a few things I regret... bt no ones perfect and I showed him I had changed for him because I really wanted something serious with him. At some point he also put in his part to make it work between us but after a while it seemed like he was tired of trying or I bored him or simply he didn't want me anymore. I was so appaled that he was willing to throw everything we had together away. I begged him and did things I never imagined doing or saying, he didn't seem to really care. Two months later he sees me moving on and not caring I actully began to smile and laugh harder than before... I heard a lot of rummors of him with a lot of girls and somehow he made it possible to get to me as if he wanted me to know about him. He sent me a message out of nowhere... n says the most awkward thing just to start a conversation I'm guessing. He asked if he culd see me as friends and at first I didn't want to but heck I was kind of curious to see him after so long. So we saw each other and I felt nothing for him but just an old memory came to mind... that made me sad because he broke me and I still gave him that chance to see me after he did me wrong because I never turned my back on him. And he did... I might have been a bad GF at some point but never did I choose anyone before him. He chose even new girls he would meet before me, or his friends , etc... he says he regrets everything and he's going to prove me wrong and a lot of other stuff. But just to think of everything he did to me makes me have some kind of hate towards him. God I'm so confused I would have done anything for him at some point. Some part of me says listen to him but then not really... and it seems like he's not doing much to trying again. Help me...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 09:35 AM

What are you confused about you are over him end of story leave it there.
    I don't see where he said he wants back together other than friends. He is just trying to appease his own guilt, closure, forgiveness or something.
    He could have wanted to see you just out of curiousity or just to prove something to himself. I wouldn't be reading anything into it let alone be confused by it.

He isn't doing much to be trying again because he is not trying again.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 12:59 PM
    My opinion is that when you did meet up with him again, it was cathartic.

You weren't sure, but curious, and what you found was really what you figured out, before you went.

You were right about him, your feelings and instincts are intact, and although you want to listen to him, you know that you will end up back in the same place you were before you had the strength to go on with your own life.

Maybe you are still curious if it could really work, but that would not be likely, because he proved to you before he was not capable, and he will prove it to you again. This will be his loss in the long run, because by the time he matures and realizes what kind of woman he really wants, you will have a happy life with someone, not like him.

I get the impression you have learned and moved on. I don't personally think that going at it one more time will do anything other than waste your time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 02:19 PM

Don't waste time with the past, it didn't, so work so keep it moving forward.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 01:07 AM

You broke up for a reason. If you keep hanging on to the past by consuming yourself with doubts and confusion you will prolong the pain and suffering. It's time to let go and move on. Learn from your experience. There are better things ahead of you, don't miss out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confusing EX [ 2 Answers ]

Alrite my ex is like conusin me, she claims she likes me sort of and says she loves me still but when she's drunk or when I say something slightly annoyin she spazzes at me and hates me again then the next day she forgives me, wha does she want from me?

Confusing ex [ 4 Answers ]

My ex broke up with me almost 5monthes ago and suddenly asked me out for a dinner.We haven't been contacting too much almost at all within all this time.he txted me here and there telling me he misses me.What does he want for me? He mentioned about being friiends but I never agreed and he still...

A confusing job [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter seannea is 12 and she wants to start earning her own money so she wants to start her own babysitting job she is really serious about it she printed out flyers and has her friends working with her but she is concerned about the kids and the actual job and she thinks her friends won't...

Very confusing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Joe, If you're asking about this site, it's active. What's the problem? :o

View more questions Search