Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melodyfeliz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 06:01 PM
    Me and my husband got in to a fight I hit him and he hit me back. We talked and he want to work things out but I involved my parents in our problem. We want to get back together but my parents don't want me to.

How can I tell them to get out of my relationship with out me making them feel bad. I want to fix things with my husband but my parents tell me if I get back with him the will disown me their daughter. Me and my husband are working things out butt we also have a 2 year old shild and my parents tell me in order for me to live in their home I can let my baby's father come and see the baby when ever he wants I have to go to court and let the court give him a date to come see my son. But that something I don't want because we want to work things out.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:09 PM

If you are old enough to marry and have a two year old child you are old enough to tell your parents that you and your husband have worked out your problems and are getting back together.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 06:10 PM

I don't agree with a man hitting a woman, nor do I agree with a woman hitting a man.

Tell your parents the truth, you started it and he fought back.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:17 PM

He hit back. You should not hit him in the first place. You should not have got your parents involved. Your marriage does not include your parents.

Counseling is a must, I am also wondering what was this big fight about.

Please share because it will help answer your question with more helpful answers if we know the whole truth.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:18 PM

Your husband and kids come first.
    Your parents will have to see you worked things out over time.
    When you involve family they tend to take the side of their son or daughter. Then when you work things out the parents still hold the grudge and are judgmental. Time and seeing things ARE better is the only thing that will heal their feelings.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 07:12 PM

As the others have pointed out; talk to your parents and let them know you and our husband are working things out.

From this point on, do not involve others in your relationship. Couples have disagreements but when you bring other people into the mix, it's harder to work through your problems.

You were wrong for hitting him. Anytime disagreements get physical, you need to evaluate the situation. Ask yourself, will I do this again if a similar situation arises? If yes, please seek professional help because you don't want to raise your child around such chaos.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 07:20 PM
    The above posts pretty much say it all. It's up to the two of you to work things out if at all possible. Hopefully your parents would agree. In the future I'd suggest leaving your parents out of it and only sharing your problems with qualified professionals who can help you resolve your issues.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 12:36 AM
    Not much more that I can add to the above posts, but I would strongly suggest that you work it out as you have a 2 year old child.

Violence in relationships, no matter how infrequent, is a huge red flag and needs to be worked through with professional help. Any child that witnesses violence can be at risk in terms of their own future relationships.

If you care about each other get some help and let your family know that you're doing something constructive about the problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 12:39 PM
    How can I tell them to get out of my relationship with out me making them feel bad.
    They are worried about you, and your child, and if your staying with them, you have to give consideration to the rules of their house. They don't want him around, and that's understandable and something, given the circumstances.

I wouldn't want to be in that situation either, so you and hubby better get your heads together, and get some better meeting arrangements, and visitation limits. That's how you get them out of your business.

What you think your going to bring your own chaos, and problems back home? Be glad you have a place to go while you work things out with your husband, but also be mindful of their wishes also.

Is there something your not telling us? Why would you hit your husband any way? His reaction wasn't right, but neither was yours. What's to work out, unless there are other problems beside anger and violence, which by itself is enough.

Its hard to take your side when you admit to starting it. Maybe you should go home, and work this out. Then nobody is in your business but your husband.
    greg1964 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 06:10 PM
    I can't believe that no one in this thread said she is dumb for wanting to "work things out." Yes, she hit him, but a real man will never hit a woman, no matter what! Men are twice as big and he should have walked away. Next time she loses her temper and hits him, she might make him mad and he may feel betrayed as he should, but if he hits her back, he could do serious physical harm or even kill her. NO EXCUSES FOR A MAN TO HIT A WOMAN! This is like a mother saying her 7 year old hit her so she punched the kid in the face. That is abuse because the mother is twice as BIG! Same thing with men and women. MEN ARE TWICE AS BIG! HE ABUSED HER!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

First Fight [ 4 Answers ]

I had wrote a post about the first fight that I had with my boyfriend, if you haven't read it this is the situation, I am in Barcelona for two months (returning back to USA, in two weeks), I meet this guy in Madrid (witch is far away from were I am, I was spending the weekend when we meet), we hit...

Can I fight this [ 5 Answers ]

In 2005 we were renting and apartment, we were going to be moving when our lease was up the first of march.. Feb 1st I wrote out a 30 day notice to give to the landlord. I gave it to the assistant manager of the apartment complex we lived in. She returned it to me telling me she couldn't take it...

View more questions Search