Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

Jul 10, 2009, 09:24 AM

Athos,
    About the rocks. Basically you're saying I'm using bad science because I used a faulty scientific study? Don't you see that is the whole point! As soon as they were found out they blamed faulty testing methods and now stick to testing samples that no one can disprove and asking what age range you're looking for! Even my atheist geology professor at college thought it was amusing that they used fossils to date rocks, they use rocks to date fossils, and they ask you upfront for a large fee and the approximate age you want them to find.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

Jul 10, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Wg,
    That's not oxygen but CO2. Her point was that we believe in many things we can't see, like atoms. Some things we cannot see but we can see the effects of their presence. Light, Wind, etc.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    wg,
    that's not oxygen but CO2. Her point was that we believe in many things we can't see, like atoms. Some things we cannot see but we can see the effects of their presence. Light, Wind, etc.
    MY point was that things can be proven somehow to be there. You are such a literalist!
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 10:04 PM
    Wondergirl,
    When you see your breather in the wintertime cold air you see the steam from your breath not the air outside of you.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Wondergirl,
    When you see your breather in the wintertime cold air you see the steam from your breath not the air outside of you.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Yeah, yeah, but what is the steam going into? A vacuum? I can suck in a mouthful of oxygen and blow it out. Then what?
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 10:33 PM
    Wondergirl.
    The oxygen you breath in is absorbed by your lungs and distributed to your red blood cells.
    What you breath out in carbondoxyide and moisture which does contribute to the air outside of you.
    Fred.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 10:37 PM
    Wondergirl.
    The oxygen you breath in is absorbed by your lungs and distributed to your red blood cells.
    What you breath out in carbondoxyide and moisture which does contribute to the air outside of you.
    Fred.
    BUT, dear Fred, if I suck in air and hold it in my mouth (do not inhale) and then blow it out, there will be steam.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Wondergirl,
    That is true, but the oxygen still cannot be seen unless it is frozen into a liquid at hundreds of degrees below zero.
    Fred
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 10:48 PM
    Wondergirl,
    That is true, but the oxygen still cannot be seen unless it is frozen into a liquid at hundreds of degrees below zero.
    Fred
    Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhh!!
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 10:59 PM
    Well...
    Back to the topic...
    LOL
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 04:14 AM

My point is that people can believe whatever they want and there are a million points of view on many things especially religion.
    BUT whether you believe Adam and Eve were the only ones created or not, whether the earth is 6,000 years old or billions, whether Jesus was the son of God, whether the Bible is true.
    What you believe isn't going to make one dent in WHAT IS true.
    Believe God created 229 people along with Adam and Eve but that is only your point of view if you do.

I explained in the post I posted the other day why I believe that God couldn't have created more than Adam and Eve or else it would make the rest of the Bible and Jesus purpose rather meaningless
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:58 PM
    N0help4u,
    The points you made with that post are very good.
    Fred
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jul 13, 2009, 01:39 PM

Genesis Chapter 5:1
    1 this is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he man.
    2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Later it goes further to explain what I did mention earlier in my post. About others being here before us, before the Fall of man. (Angelic types ).

Genesis Chapter 6:4

There were giants in the earth in those days, and also after that, When the Sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which they WERE of OLD, men of renown.

Simple scripture study.
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2009, 02:13 PM

Yep real simple. Now do you want to PROVE that the giants in the land were there BEFORE Adam and Eve OR IN THAT day in Genesis chapter 6?

It says IN THAT day so in no way does it prove they were here before Adam and Eve.

Also if they were 'angelic beings' they would have to have been fallen angels. In Sodom and Gomarrah the godly angels were protected from the village because they would not have been pure if they woulda/coulda been with humans sexually.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 02:40 PM

If you guys want to REALLY argue about the technicallitys, you could say that god simply called ALL men adam, and ALL women eve. Couldn't we?

No I Don't believe this, just trying to make a point, that you can take the words of the bible ANY and ALL ways you want. But NO ONE will know the ABSOLUTE truth until we pass on and can ask our father ourselves.
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2009, 02:44 PM

Yeah then all the Adams and Eves would have to have eatten the 'forbidden fruit' in Genesis 2.

I believe the Bible when it says we are all descendents OF Adam and Eve.
    Not multiple Adams and Eves.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 03:01 PM

I agree with that too nohelp :) I was just saying we could sit here and argue about it until the end of time and not have an answer until we are in heaven getting the answer from the SOURCE :P
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 10:25 PM
    jenniepepsi,
    I think you are right about that.
    Fred
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 04:31 AM

Wondergirl agrees: Adam = earth ; Eve = mother

Adam means FIRST man,
    adam means man

either can mean earth

so many adams were taken out of the earth?
    so many adams had to have sinned in the beginning of Genesis 2.

Eve means the mother of ALL living.
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 14, 2009, 04:45 AM

From Ancient Hebrew Research Center - Home Page

(ADM - Adam)
    We are all familiar with the name "Adam" as found in the book of Genesis, but what does it really mean? Let us begin by looking at its roots. This word/name is a child root derived from the parent דם meaning, "blood". By placing the letter א in front of the parent root, the child root אדם is formed and is related in meaning to דם (blood).

By examing a few other words derived from the child root אדם we can see a common meaning in them all. The Hebrew word אדםה (adamah) is the feminine form of אדם meaning "ground" (see Genesis 2:7). The word/name אדום (Edom) means "red". Each of these words have the common meaning of "red". Dam is the "red" blood, adamah is the "red" ground, edom is the color "red" and adam is the "red" man. There is one other connection between "adam" and "adamah" as seen in Genesis 2:7 which states that "the adam" was formed out of the "adamah".

In the ancient Hebrew world, a persons name was not simply an identifier but descriptive of one's character. As Adam was formed out of the ground, his name identifies his origins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Adam? Why Eve? [ 5 Answers ]

I've always wondered about this very fundamental question. Who SAID, their names were Adam and Eve? If these were the first and only humans in the world, and they bore sons Cain, Abel, and other children, who did their children sleep with to create the grandchildren of Adam and Eve? Does this...

Adam and Eve [ 65 Answers ]

I truly believe that Adam and Eve didn't physically pick an apple off a tree and eat it, it's symbolic. And, what really happened was the serpent beguiled them into sex and so then they figured out they were naked. Am I the only one? I have a hard time finding people who were taught this way,too.

Adam & Eve [ 22 Answers ]

From the scripture, we were told that Adam and Eve were the 1st people created by God. Eve was Adam's wife. And if I may be correct, it was further said that all men/women on earth came from Adam and Eve. The question remains: How did people multiple? Does it mean that Adam's 1st son married his...

Adam and Eve or Others? [ 36 Answers ]

This idea came out from somebody I know and it got me to think about it as well. Everybody knows the story about how Adam and Eve is the start of human race and we came from them. That would mean we are all brothers and sisters and we are all related. Now here is the question. Is it possible...

Adam & Eve [ 59 Answers ]

Who believes in Adam & eve? Who believes that they were the start of man kind?

View more questions Search