Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystal26 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 12:25 PM
    My Daughter was Adopted
    Hi My name is Sarah , I'am looking for my four year old daughter who was snatched from my Husband and myself in 2004, the only child I will ever have because my Husband as MS. The law saids you have to wait until they are 18, but I want to find her now.

Can Adoption Orders be overturned in the UK?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 12:30 PM

We need more info hon. From what you posted you start saying your child was kidnapped, and then ask about overturning adoptions.

Was she taken from you by the government and put up for adoption through child services? Or was she kidnapped and adopted out?

Jun 30, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Hi jenniepepsi

She was snatched from us by the Local Authority, on false allegations claiming my Husband injured his son from a previous marriage. Our Daughter was falsefully adopted on the 9/6/09, we haven't seen her for four years.

Regards Crystal26
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 04:07 PM

You need to get a lawyer and fight it through the system hon. :( :( I'm sorry your going through this.

Jun 30, 2009, 04:21 PM
    We had lawyers and they did nothing,we been through the Courts and they agreed with the Local Authority that she should be adopted unfortunly the law saids you can't overturn Adoption.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 12:52 PM

Is it REALLY in the best interest of your (now) 4 year old to rip her away from the only family she's ever known? Really?

There are other ways to have a child---and your husband should have lawyers fighting the allegations that he hurt his son. If he was found guilty of that, and that is the ONLY reason your daughter was taken---well, I find that hard to believe--unless both children were living with you at the time.

The ONLY way you can get an adoption overturned, generally, is if you can PROVE that the child should not have been available to adopt in the first place---either because the child was kidnapped or the birthparents were coerced into signing away parental rights.

Jul 1, 2009, 02:20 PM

Hi Synne

My Husband has been through the Courts to prove that he did not hurt his son but the Court won't have it and, we have argued that we should not have had our daughter Falsfully Adopted. His son from a previous marriage and he as another daughter from that marriage but they never remove them from there parents. But the Local authority Adopted our daughter on a lack of evidence.

Jul 1, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Hi Synne

My Husband has been through the Courts to prove that he did not hurt his son but the Court won't have it and, we have argued that we should not have had our daughter Falsfully Adopted. My Husband son from a previous marriage and his other daughter from that marriage was never remove them from My Husband and his ex Wife . But the Local authority Adopted our daughter on a lack of evidence.

We proved he was innocent because the Judge said at the Adoption Hearing that there was a lack of evidence and it would not of stood up in criminal Court. But they are still Adopting our Daughter.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 05:15 PM

Nvm - I saw.

Get a solicitor and pray. Chances are its over... but you can always hope.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2009, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal26 View Post
    Hi Synne

My Husband has been through the Courts to prove that he did not hurt his son but the Court won't have it and, we have argued that we should not have had our daughter Falsfully Adopted. My Husband son from a previous marriage and his other daughter from that marriage was never remove them from My Husband and his ex Wife . But the Local authority Adopted our daughter on a lack of evidence.

We proved he was innocent because the Judge said at the Adoption Hearing that there was a lack of evidence and it would not of stood up in criminal Court. But they are still Adopting our Daughter.
    The courts have ruled. If you have exhausted all your appeals, then I don't know what you think we can do. Your only hope as I see it to get a solicitor who can find some grounds for appeal to overturn the court's verdict.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 06:42 PM

First the chlld was not abducted, your custody was taken away by child welfare for "cause"
    If this was false, it appears they had enough evidence to convince a judge.

There is no way to get the child back outside of the court.

If the child has really been adopted, then your rights were taken away forever ( not as common) and the abuse charges must have been very serious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my adopted daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can go to register for free so that my adopted daughter can find me if she decides to look for her biological family?

My daughter was adopted [ 2 Answers ]

My question is that my daughter was adopted about 9yrs. Ago and I've finally realized that the grandmother that adopted her is not her biological grandmother and actually has no real ties to her and I'm wondering is that a legal adoption with her not being the biological grandmother? Do I really...

My daughter wants to be adopted [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are getting married in August of 09 and my 10 year old daughter wants him to adopt her. Her biodad is seldom around and is not on her birth certificate he has no leagel rights I have sole leagel custudy but her bio dad does pay support what can we do?

I think I adopted my daughter Illeagaly [ 5 Answers ]

When I was 17 I had a baby girl with a boy who was abusive... We sigh:confused: ned a for that says RELINQUISHMENT OF INFANT BY PARENTS.. There were no attornys around or a notory.. so does this mean it was illeagal.. Is there such thing as RELINQUISHMENT OF INFANT BY PARENTS paper or what? I was...

How would my husband adopted my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is amber. My husband wants to adopted my daughter, but we don't know where her bio father is. How do I do this . How would I go about my husband adopting her?

View more questions Search