Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jddaman23 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2009, 10:35 PM
    I am a writer
    I always stop in the middle of a story and get bored with it, never finish it or rush to finish it:eek:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 10:37 PM

Hi, jddaman23!

What sort of things have you written, and for what purpose, please?

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2009, 10:40 PM

Wow that was quick. Im only sixteen but I have wrote quite a bit, mostly fiction. Romance, tom clancy kind of action, and so forth
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:28 PM

Hi again, jddaman23!

I'm sorry that it took me so long to get back to you! I didn't know that you had posted again.

Do you still have the stories that you didn't finish?

I also asked for what purpose you wrote them.

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2009, 11:30 PM

Yeah well it two o clock in the mornign and I am not tired. Anyway, I write for fun to just get ideas out
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 29, 2009, 11:32 PM

I hope you are saving that stuff in a computer because as you get older you might decide to do something with it. When I was young I was in the Air Force and was right in the middle of the Cold War-nuclear weapons security-and I learned and experienced stuff that you would not believe.

I have been collecting and recording things about that era and hope to write a book someday, maybe when I retire. I have 435 pages of research materials and personal notes in a WordPerfect document and believe me, some of that stuff is shocking.

Did you know, for example, that on the day President Kennedy was killed, the nuclear strike force (B-52 bombers with nuclear bombs) was launched towards Russia and maintained a flight pattern at their fail safe points until it became clear that war was not immediately forthcoming? You would also be shocked to know what the Air Force has experienced relative to UFO's.

When I left the Air Force (Strategic Air Command) I was required to swear an oath not to talk about any of this stuff, but plan to do so sometime in the future.

What I am telling you is to save your thoughts, rework and mold them like a fine sculpture when you have time to do so, and then eventually you may end up like the woman who started writing the Harry Potter story on napkins!

Jun 29, 2009, 11:34 PM

O yes of course I do, I take them to each computer when I get a new one
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:38 PM

Would you mind sharing any portions of what you've written in the Writing forum topic area?

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2009, 11:46 PM

Hmm well what do you want?

Jun 29, 2009, 11:49 PM

I think I'll post a sample of my stuff.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:50 PM

Just some small, example sections of what you've written. We have at least one person on this site who's and established, published writer. She might be able to give you some pointers.

But, posting in the Writing forum topic area would be best. That's on of the areas that I moderate, and if something goes "Oops!" I can fix it there.

Have you ever written poetry or the lyrics for a song?

Thanks!

What do you write?
    Uber Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimGunther View Post
    I think I'll post a sample of my stuff.
    You've got some stuff, Jim?

Jun 30, 2009, 12:44 AM

I have wrote poetry, quite a bit
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 01:01 AM

I would be very interested in seeing some of your poetry, jddaman23!

Did you ever think of what some of your poetry might be like if it were set to music?

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2009, 01:02 AM

Yeah I some something called "More Than a War Story" which describes some of my Cold War experiences in about 10 paragraphs...
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 01:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunther View Post
    Yeah I some something called "More Than a War Story" which describes some of my Cold War experiences in about 10 paragraphs....
    Would you care to share some or all of it in the Writing forum topic area, Jim?

You do know that once something is posted on the site that anyone could use it because it becomes the property of AMHD?

I don't mind if people use the music that I write for their pleasure. But, if they steal it and then use it for their own gain monetarily or to look better with something that's supposed to be an assignment for school, that's where I have a problem.

A young college man some months ago, needed to write a ternary form piece for a class at the college that he attends. We worked together on it and I'm pretty sure that he plagiarized it.

It became evident after a number of questions that I asked him, that there was no way that he was knowledgeable enough about music to be given such an assgnment.

Thanks!

Jul 3, 2009, 08:29 AM

Let me brush it up a bit, some of this stuff is quite shocking.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 12:32 PM

Okay, thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with my dvd writer [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've just bought a external dvd writer and it will play things fine but if I put a blank dvd in it it says that the drive is not accessible incorrect function. Any advice would be appreacated Thanks Vyki

Use CD Writer as DVD Readr/Writer [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to find the way to use a CD writer as a DVD Writer.

New writer [ 1 Answers ]

When I was young; I wrote several full length romance novels, even though, they are romance novels, they have a story line, not obsene. Now many years later I have not tried to publish these, where do I start and do I need an agent?

Dvd writer [ 3 Answers ]

Using a new writer I am successful in burning a disc but it will not play on my dvd player

CD writer [ 3 Answers ]

I have CD writer Asus and Nero burning programme. I want to use CDRW and wish to use as like floppy disk When ever I write through Incd it burns and cannot write again. With nero transferring data I am facing the same problem. How can I use CDRW as I like floppy ? Please reply sooner possible

View more questions Search