Jeff_2491 Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Now I wait for the phone call :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_2491 View Post
    Now I wait for the phone call :(
    No, you're not going to just sit and wait. What other places need workers? Check with the library, the hospital, nursing homes, fast food places, etc. and also, for the first three places, ask if you could apply to be a volunteer. Get your foot in the door!

Jun 30, 2009, 02:27 PM
    I have applied all over my town its hard now days. I'm hired just need to wait for results of my drug test and criminal background check.

Jun 30, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Can an employer find past jobs not listed?
    When I was 15 I worked at Subway and got fired (Worked 4 1/2 months there) since I didn't show up. Now am 17 trying to get a job at best buy and they said am hired as long as the criminal background check comes back good. If it's a criminal background check will they find my past job and is that all they will do? (Thats all it says on the paper work he gave me). I have no record. Now I asked this question on Yahoo answers and someone said this so now am scared :(

Most of the time, No.

A criminal background check is a search of court records in your places of residence and employment, as determined by the address information you provide on the job application as well as additional addresses and AKA's (name variations) found through the Social Security Trace (if they do one--most employers do).

The SS trace is the name and address information on your credit record. So the answer is no, unless these past employers somehow show up in your criminal records or social trace, in which case a smart researcher would connect the dots.

If a full credit report is run, then your previous employers are very likely to show up there.

Jun 30, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Can an employer find past jobs not listed?
    When I was 15 I worked at Subway and got fired (Worked 4 1/2 months there) since I didn't show up. Now am 17 trying to get a job at best buy and they said am hired as long as the criminal background check comes back good. If it's a criminal background check will they find my past job and is that all they will do? (Thats all it says on the paper work he gave me). I have no record. Now I asked this question on Yahoo answers and someone said this so now am scared

Most of the time, No.

A criminal background check is a search of court records in your places of residence and employment, as determined by the address information you provide on the job application as well as additional addresses and AKA's (name variations) found through the Social Security Trace (if they do one--most employers do).

The SS trace is the name and address information on your credit record. So the answer is no, unless these past employers somehow show up in your criminal records or social trace, in which case a smart researcher would connect the dots.

If a full credit report is run, then your previous employers are very likely to show up there.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:10 PM

It depends on how thorough the background check is - I would say that the firing won't be found out. However, you have to tell the truth when you fill out the employment application so your past history will be revealed in that manner.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:11 PM

They would not find a criminal background for Subway unless you were fired because you did something that the police were involved in.

Jun 30, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    They would not find a criminal background for Subway unless you were fired because you did something that the police were involved in.
    Nope I just got fired for not showing up

Jun 30, 2009, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    It depends on how thorough the background check is - I would say that the firing won't be found out. However, you have to tell the truth when you fill out the employment application so your past history will be revealed in that manner.
    I don't know if I should tell them and they never found out =/

Its best buy so I don't think they would put that much money into it
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:23 PM

Nothing criminal about that.

Jun 30, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Nothing criminal about that.
    Haha yeah, am just worried cause I really want this job before I go into the Marines next year
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:29 PM

Good luck and be careful. Being in the Military scares me. My three kids are in the Military and I worry about them everyday.

Jun 30, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Thanks, were trained well. They will train everyday depending if they joined infantry which I did. Don't worry but thanks for caring everyone should.

So Best buy yesterday said I was hired if the criminal background check comes back good (Im clean nothing on my record) just worried if they will find my past job
    Do you think they will find out? :confused: :(
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 06:39 PM
    Thanks, were trained well. They will train everyday depending if they joined infantry which I did. Dont worry but thanks for caring everyone should.

So Best buy yesterday said I was hired if the criminal background check comes back good (Im clean nothing on my record) just worried if they will find my past job
    Do you think they will find out? :confused: :(
    Even if they do, nothing was criminal, you were 15 and an idiot, and we've all been there, done that. I vote that you will get the job.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 06:40 PM
    If you have never been arrested or convicted of a crime there is NO criminal background. Simply not showing up to a job is not criminal, but rather shows that one is not reliable.

Jun 30, 2009, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Even if they do, nothing was criminal, you were 15 and an idiot, and we've all been there, done that. I vote that you will get the job.
    Haha yeah we all were at one time. I use to talk about I can't wait to get a job and make money but at that age your lazy and don't want to do much which I suffered from and lost a job. Thanks Wondergirl you have been great. I just worry a lot. Marines should get that out of me
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 06:43 PM

Even if they did eventually find out you worked at Subway they would most likely see that you have proven yourself there and not hold what you did at 15 against you.
    If they ask why you didn't list it tell them that it wasn't much of a job and you consider Best Buy as your first real job.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 06:47 PM
    haha yeah we all were at one time. I use to talk about I can't wait to get a job and make money but at that age your lazy and dont want to do much which i suffered from and lost a job. Thanks Wondergirl you have been great. I just worry alot. Marines should get that out of me
    I'll bet every person on AskMeHelpDesk has screwed up on a job and maybe lost it when they were a teenager. I even managed to do it in my 20s.

I don't want a worrier Marine protecting me, so I hope they work fast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will arrest show on criminal background check? [ 16 Answers ]

I got arrested and released from booking by judge due to no probable cause. The judge even didn't consider it. Will the arrest show on any kind of criminal backgrounds check or fingerprint check?

Criminal Background Check [ 12 Answers ]

Greetings! Over the years I have completed multiple employment applications which have entailed answering Professional Conduct Questions. Each time the question: Have you ever been charged with, convicted, etc appeared, I have answered "NO", which is by all means true. In 1989 I was taken into...

How can background check discover your criminal record [ 11 Answers ]

As titled Isn't the record something private and protected by the government and shared amond authorities only?how can company have access to that or possibly discover it?:eek:

Will a misdemeanor appear on a criminal background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was arrested for stealing clothes in a major department store and was arrested by the police department in NYC.(First and only arrest). I was fingerprinted and photos were also taken of me. I was charged with a misdemeanor and was told that after a year the charges would be dropped. My...

Background/Criminal Check [ 6 Answers ]

I posted a few months ago about a man my mother has started dating. The whole situation with him is so suspicious that I'm worried. He recently got arrested for something that he supposedly went to jail for in Florida a few months ago. Since he wouldn't be arrested for the same thing twice, I...

View more questions Search