Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:25 PM

Perhaps you could speak with her, be upfront with her, and see what she says?
    Jeff_2491 Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 11:29 PM
    Maybe, Honestly I have the job already and think ill have it. You need to pass the drug test which Ill be good. And criminal background check also Ill be good am only 17.

IDK if you know but do you think THC will be in my system from smelling it last week? 5-10mins of smoke they blew out on the otherside of the room. I have been drinking water to clean my system in case.

And do you think they will find past jobs? There only doing a criminal background check
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:34 PM

I don't think that you'll have any problem passing a drug test.

We're still trying to find out the information about a previous job search because they do have your social security number.

I think that some of our legal gurus who are usually on during the day will know the answer. If Wondergirl is still around, she might know the definitive answer. She has worked with a lot of people concerning job coaching and resumes, etc. who've been in some kind of trouble.

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2009, 11:37 PM
    Thanks man. I'm new here and don't know how this site works still but hopefully she knows the answer should I give my email to her? Or you?
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:42 PM

We don't take things off the site once a thread has been started. It's greatly frowned upon around here. Things need to stay on the threads so that others with similar questions can benefit by what's been posted.

I will let her know about your thread here. She might even still be on here, but I haven't seen any activity by her here recently.

There are a couple of others who might also have definitive answers for you, but let's give Wondergirl a shot at it first.

Did they tell you when you would know if you did or didn't get the job?

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    We don't take things off the site once a thread has been started. It's greatly frowned upon around here. Things need to stay on the threads so that others with similar questions can benefit by what's been posted.

I will let her know about your thread here. She might even still be on here, but I haven't seen any activity by her here recently.

There are a couple of others who might also have definitive answers for you, but let's give Wondergirl a shot at it first.

Did they tell you when you would know if you did or didn't get the job?

Thanks!
    Yesterday at my 3rd job interview they said I had the job all I needed to do is past the drug test and criminal background check
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 10:00 AM

Hello J:

There is NO central data base where people's employment records are kept. There IS the IRS and your STATE taxing agencies, but their records are PRIVATE.

If you didn't put it down, and they don't have hundreds of $$$'s to hire a private investigator, they're NOT going to find out.

excon

Jun 30, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello J:

There is NO central data base where people's employment records are kept. There IS the IRS and your STATE taxing agencies, but their records are PRIVATE.

If you didn't put it down, and they don't have hundreds of $$$'s to hire a private investigator, they're NOT going to find out.

excon
    I hope your right cause we all made mistakes when we had 1st jobs as a teenager and I messed up. I just don't want them to know and say or you don't have the job :(

Jun 30, 2009, 10:21 AM
    So you don't think they will my past job at subway?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_2491 View Post
    So you dont think they will my past job at subway?
    You haven't said why Subway fired you (and I'm not asking you to confess here), but if it was for something major like theft or customer assault, have you matured past those attitudes and behaviors for this new job? Have you had any jobs since Subway? Are you a pot smoker or drug user or something else they wouldn't like?

Excon knows the law, so whatever he says works for me.

Jun 30, 2009, 10:45 AM
    No am not a pot smoker I don't do drugs. Just my dumb friends do so I can't wait to leave for the Marines.

No I didn't cause any trouble at subway I have no record. I was fired for not showing up (I was 15)

Jun 30, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Yes I have Ma'am ever since this last year I have been more respectful to others and myself. The Marines taught me a lot

I'm enlisted but I still work out and meet with them (Marines)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 10:48 AM
    No am not a pot smoker I dont do drugs. Just my dumb friends do so I can't wait to leave for the Marines.

No I didnt cause any trouble at subway I have no record. I was fired for not showing up (I was 15)
    The Subway job was for just a few months, right? If you haven't put Subway on your application or given them reference names who would know about your job there and who would mention the firing, I don't know how they would find out unless a friend/enemy ratted on you to them.

Jun 30, 2009, 10:50 AM
    I worked at this small pizza place for 2 weeks I left because they didn't have any dates for me to work just come in everyday and you might work. And the managers kept saying stuff behind my back. They day I went into quit they said there letting me go

I was 17

Jun 30, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The Subway job was for just a few months, right? If you haven't put Subway on your application or given them reference names who would know about your job there and who would mention the firing, I don't know how they would find out unless a friend/enemy ratted on you to them.
    It was about 4 1/2 months. No I know only a few people at Best buy and they never knew I worked
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 10:53 AM
    The Marines teached me alot
    I'm glad you're growing up into a fine man who is going to protect me and all the other citizens of this country. I respect and admire you for that.

But now's the time to start working on your English. "The Marines taught me a lot" (not "teached" and "alot" is two words). Be sure to listen to good English speakers and try to copy how they speak.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 10:56 AM
    It was about 4 1/2 months. No I know only a few people at Best buy and they never knew I worked
    Be prepared for a question coming up out of the blue asking why you haven't had any jobs up 'til now.

Jun 30, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Be prepared for a question coming up out of the blue asking why you haven't had any jobs up 'til now.
    I'm sorry for my spelling. I'm not the best typer when am worried about a job.

They brought that up I said I finally want to do something with my live before I go into the Marine Corps
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 11:06 AM
    They brought that up I said I finally want to do something with my live before I go into the Marine Corps
    When do you go into the Marines?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 11:08 AM
    I'm more "worried" about your references. Do any of them know about Subway?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will arrest show on criminal background check? [ 16 Answers ]

I got arrested and released from booking by judge due to no probable cause. The judge even didn't consider it. Will the arrest show on any kind of criminal backgrounds check or fingerprint check?

Criminal Background Check [ 12 Answers ]

Greetings! Over the years I have completed multiple employment applications which have entailed answering Professional Conduct Questions. Each time the question: Have you ever been charged with, convicted, etc appeared, I have answered "NO", which is by all means true. In 1989 I was taken into...

How can background check discover your criminal record [ 11 Answers ]

As titled Isn't the record something private and protected by the government and shared amond authorities only?how can company have access to that or possibly discover it?:eek:

Will a misdemeanor appear on a criminal background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was arrested for stealing clothes in a major department store and was arrested by the police department in NYC.(First and only arrest). I was fingerprinted and photos were also taken of me. I was charged with a misdemeanor and was told that after a year the charges would be dropped. My...

Background/Criminal Check [ 6 Answers ]

I posted a few months ago about a man my mother has started dating. The whole situation with him is so suspicious that I'm worried. He recently got arrested for something that he supposedly went to jail for in Florida a few months ago. Since he wouldn't be arrested for the same thing twice, I...

View more questions Search