Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yeshua68 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Net Book Value
    When equipment having a net book value of $8,000 is sold for $6000 does the:

current assets increase, equipment decrease and net income decrease
    current assets increase, equipment increases and net income decreases
    current assets increase, equipment increases and net income increases
    current assets increase, equipment decreases and net income increases
    hamzashakaa Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

Jun 29, 2009, 11:25 PM

The answer is A
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jun 30, 2009, 06:42 AM

You shouldn't do other peoples homework.
    hamzashakaa Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

Jun 30, 2009, 06:52 AM

May be the guy knows the answer but he want to make sure if he is right or wrong. Moreover, I don't think this is a homework. It is one simple question.

Thanks

Jun 30, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hamzashakaa View Post
    Moreover, i dont think this is a homework. It is one simple question.

Thanks
    Yes because I know I like to do mutiple chose questions for fun...

Also, if OP wanted to know if his answer was right why not include the answer and ask if it is right.

Moreover, read the site rules... Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    yeshua68 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 11:37 AM

It's not homework. I'm actually trying to learn accounting on my own in a financial class my employer has in its Professional Growth program. No grade just nice to have on the resume. This was a question asked in our Financial and Accounting Concepts Professional Growth manual. I didn't know the answer and I wanted to know.

Thank you for those that answered and didn't assume.

Jun 30, 2009, 12:32 PM

If that is true then fine I am sorry for assuming.

However, I still don't see how someone telling you the answer without explaining why is helping you learn anything at all.

All I am saying is if you want help learning post a question and what you think the answer might be. Then we can help explain the concepts to you.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 02:25 AM

Got to be agreeing with codyman on this. 99.999% of the time anything multiple choice is going to be homework, and yes, we're going to assume it's homework, and no one should be answering it for people. Considering that most of what we get here is indeed homework. Even if it's not, it's certainly not going to hurt to try to do it first.

It is also true that just giving answers with no explanation is not really helping anyone. Most math books have the odd or even answers in the back of the book - accounting books a lot of times have illustrative problems (i.e. answered). Obviously, that doesn't work or no one would be here asking questions. (Or need their instructors.)

Jul 5, 2009, 08:17 AM

Thanks Morgaine,

For some reason I seem to be getting attacked lately when all I am trying to do is help and follow the rules.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 07:43 PM

Codyman, I get attacked all the time... because I stick to my ethics and my guns, and I can tend to be a little controversial. LOL. (I also teach for a living, so I get pretty hyper about the homework issue.)

I disappeared for a few months and saw you when I got back, and kind of liked your style. So if no one else does, we can appreciate each other. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Book Title Book like the Mummy (Egypt) [ 1 Answers ]

I read this book 3 years ago a lady has a bottle given to her by a grandma and a necklace and a diary she always had a desire to see Egypt there a 2 men involved (love interest) she ended up on a paddle steamer and bad men were after her and the bottle and necklace. She ended up in Egypt at these...

Looking for book from The Weekly Reader Book Club, 60's or 70's, paperback, on WWI. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I trying to find a book that I bought in the mid-60's from The Weekly Reader Book Club. I believe it was simply called World War I. It's a small paperback. There's pictures in the book, one of which is subtitled "Doughboys to the Front". In this photo is my grandfather. I loaned...

Does anyone know what this book is? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, this may be a very strange question, as I am attempting to recall things from a few years ago, but here it goes: When I was about 9 or 10 I read this book from a library, it had to do with a group of teenagers, who I think stumble upon something strange, and begin acting weird... I believe...

Weekly reader book order book from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl...

View more questions Search