Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Do I have an eating disorder?
    This might sound stupid , but I don't know if I have an eating disorder ?
    Well the past few months I have been trying to only eat just my dinner and that is mostly it but even then I sometimes make myself sick . Not all the time but just some times . Do you think I do ?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 03:27 PM
    It sounds like you may have bulimia. Of course, I'm no doctor and if you're concerned then please speak with one right away!

Jun 29, 2009, 03:29 PM

Yeah but I don't want to go to a doctor. I can't , then my family would find out and I don't want them to .
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Jun 29, 2009, 03:43 PM

Until you except you need help, you can't be helped...

Jun 29, 2009, 03:45 PM

Well I amn't really saying that . Well I kind of am . I'm so confused :S I don't know if I need help ! And I don't want to go to a doctor , I am quite a shy person

Jun 29, 2009, 03:49 PM

Ok awkward question..
    Your weight?age?height?

The reason Im asking this is because it might be easier to determine whether you have one or not...
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 03:51 PM
    She has a problem with anorexia and bulemia. She limits her food intake and throws up what she does eat. Size and weight have nothing to do with it.

Jun 29, 2009, 03:54 PM

Sorry.Im not an expert on the situation,just trying to get a feel of what's actually going on..
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Natalie, you may be a little shy and awkward but what would you rather do ; go to a doctor or die? I don't mean to be so blunt but an eating disorder can be fatal. They start small but become worse and worse, until your health and even your life are in jeopardy. Do you know who Karen Carpenter is? She was one of the most famous pop singers from the 1970s with a very promising career. She died from an eating disorder in her early 30s. She was, by nature, a little heavy. Unfortunately, like lots of young women in the entertainment industry, she felt pressured to control her weight and resorted to extreme means which lead to an eating disorder and ultimately cost her her life. You probably know who Judy Garland was, right? Similar situation ; slightly overweight, she was hounded by her producers to lose pounds. She resorted to attempts at self-medication which lead to severe substance abuse and her death at the ripe old age of 46! A very tragic end for one of Hollywood's most talented icons of her era. This is how it all begins ; pressure to control one's weight and live up to a Barbie-doll image, which in turns leads to eating disorders and substance abuse and I've already told you the rest. Please seek medical attention now!

Jun 30, 2009, 09:00 AM

Well thanks for your help . :D
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 09:27 AM

Hello hon, I know you already got wonderful answers :) but I thougth I would add my thoughts too.

Talk to your doctor. Or your counselor. Or SOMEONE about it.

It seems like, even though you may not have one YET, you are Definitely on a slippery road to disaster.

Eat all three of your meals hon.

And just to let you know, skipping meals, and only eating one meal, will make you GAIN weight... your body will go into survival mode and STORE everythign it can.

The only way starving gets weight loss results, is if it goes on for so so so long that the body eventually begins to eat its self away... nto a very pretty picture...

Jun 30, 2009, 09:30 AM

Its okay I like getting everyone's opinion :)
    So I amnt going to lose weight ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 11:20 AM

She dose not get it!

Jun 30, 2009, 11:26 AM

I do understand . But I don't think I have an actual eating disorder , I think I am just trying to lose some weight .
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 11:42 AM

What you are doing is very dangerous. If you want to lose weight a healthy way (I don't think you need to lose any according to your previous posts) contact your pediatrician.

Jun 30, 2009, 11:59 AM

Hmmm . Maybe :)
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 12:02 PM

There is no maybe about it. Either you take care of this issue that you obviously KNOW and ADMIT you have, or you Don't. The choice is yours. I'm sure that knowing you ignored our suggestions will be a great comfort to you when you are dying in the hosptial of anorexia or bulimea.

Good luck. I'm not posting here anymore...

Jun 30, 2009, 12:03 PM

... thanks I guess :/
    Lin22 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 01:44 PM

I believe you are both bulimic as well as anorexic. The limit in food intake (trying not to eat anything except for dinner, suggests anorexia and the purging after dinner is a sign of bulimia. Shy or not, you need to seek medical attention. Eating disorders should be taken seriously! The long term affects are reason enough to seek help.. Trust me!
    Good Luck!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 08:30 PM

I think your being a curious teen. Although many have already warned you of the dangers I do want to tell you to stop.

If your looking to lose weight your really going the wrong way about it. First of all breakfast is the most important meal of the day since it jump starts your metabolism. Second, it really doesn't make sense to have a big meal in the evening before you bed, not to mention your body was starving all day so your body is going to save whatever it can get which means you'll just gain weight.

This is absolutely the wrong way to go about it and it may end up costing your life.

I hope you stopped playing this dangerous game, and eat healthier and exercise.

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have an eating disorder? [ 17 Answers ]

I think I might be developing anorexia. NOT anorexia nevrosa, but anorexia. I read about eating disorders on the internet, and I found that there is a difference between the two, nevrosa is when you diet and\or exercise excessively, and I don't do that But I have had really big problems...

Do I Have An Eating Disorder? [ 3 Answers ]

Im 14, and I used to weigh 110 but now weigh 107 (Over weight?), I sometimes only eat dinner for a day, which means I skip breakfast and don't eat lunch, eatting lunch just isn't my thing, in elem or high. I haven't had my period for 3 months until 3 days ago (stress? Ive stopped today tho). And I...

Eating disorder [ 1 Answers ]

I think one of my friends have an eating disorder but I don't no how can I tell is she is and if she is what do I do ?:confused:

Eating disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have one or not, but I keep taking self tests online and they say I'm something like "high risk" not really sure what that means but anyway. I just had a baby and before I had her I weighed 135 and while I was pregnant I went up to 168 now I'm at 145 and I feel huge! I can't help...

Eating Disorder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am apparentley suffering from anorexia. I don't like to call it anorexia myself but I am seeing a therapist and that's what he has diagnosed me with. I am 21 the problem has developed since the birth of my 8 month old daughter. Basically just wanted some advice off anybody who is or may...

View more questions Search